You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Das Schwarze Auge: Satinavs Ketten - new Daedalic adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
Senior *female* member

You forgot the latest treasure, Diego.

Quote:
Sorry Schneckchen about your troubles , but i kinda like what Daedalic is doing with nostalgia-retro protections, and not only that, but with the whole packages deal
Me too. All the Daedalic posters adorn my walls upstairs and I like the copy protection for reasons of nostalgia. Harvey's neue Augen is still on its way to Holland, but the Whispered World droggels were real nice, even if it was very easy to make a mistake and then you had to do it all over again.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #22

Ok well maybe I complained too soon So far I entered the game two more times and it didn't make me enter the code anymore so maybe it's just a one time thing which would be good.

There's just nothing more frustrating than great games that are ruined by minor flaws which could have easily been avoided.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #23
Senior *female* member

So you're saying Harveys neue Augen is a great game...? I am soooo looking forward to it. Played the demo. And I loved Edna and Harvey.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
You forgot the latest treasure, Diego.
oh, goody and thanx for rubbing it in to our "non-german speaking" noses that you're going to play it before we do
Old 08-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #25
Senior *female* member

You mean you have actually already played Edna and Harvey?
Old 08-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #26

No

But that's not what's important It's the fact that you cuddly little German speakers are so lucky
Old 08-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
So you're saying Harveys neue Augen is a great game...? I am soooo looking forward to it. Played the demo. And I loved Edna and Harvey.
Yeah I loved the first game and so far I love the 2nd one as well... I'm not too far in yet but it still maintains the same "feel" of Edna so far. The only downside is that there isn't a different response for using any item with any other item anymore.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #28

The official website has launched und features new screenshots/wallpapers and story infos.

http://www.satinavs-ketten.de/en
Old 11-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #29

Looks fabulous, especially the concept arts... actually, it's a rare occasion where concept arts and actual backgrounds are almost the same, although i'm still a bit sceptical about characters animation, but the game certainly looks captivating
Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #30

So any news on when the english Deponia will make its debut? I can't get excited for this, else i'll be overwhelmed with so much beauty. I love Daedalic so much. Everything about their games is just pure eye candy.

The best part about these games is that the 2d artwork is a huge focus, instead of the usual, photoshop photos together to make something, bad/obvious cg renders, or just meh.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #31

some more screens: (large ones)

Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #32
Schattenjäger

^lol, that looks like spot above the door in the lower left picture.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #33

nice catch! yeah, probably an easter egg, like Harvey right to it
Old 02-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #34

new screens:

Also, there's another preview gameplay video. I'm not sure if this is the final version or not, but i'm slightly disappointed with the lackluster animations, like the main character's walking, conversations close up which resemble puppets with only their mouth moving, and generally some "casual" feel to it with slide-shows rather than proper animations. On the other hand, there's magical energy coming from the backgrounds as always with Daedalic, with couple of screens quite reminiscent of TWW. Let's just hope for the best.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #35
overall swell guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
I'm not sure if this is the final version or not, but i'm slightly disappointed with the lackluster animations, like the main character's walking, conversations close up which resemble puppets with only their mouth moving, and generally some "casual" feel to it with slide-shows rather than proper animations...
The throughout caption in the video says that the animations were actually much more fluent but that there was a compatibility issue with the capture-software.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #36

Thanx Dan, it will certainly look better with more fluent motion, although i can't see how that will fix some things like partial animations of characters body which is a design, rather than frame-rate problem. Still looks nice, though. Are you doing this one also?

Btw, to use your presence - is it any to your knowledge whatever happened to 1 1/2 Ritter? Will there never English version of it? I think it's the only Daedalic game which hasn't been translated.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #37
overall swell guy

Hi Diego,

I'm sorry I can't provide any inside information about any Daedalic projects as I am strictly freelance and about a thousand miles away from their headquarters.

With "Eineinhalb Ritter" I think they only acted as publisher whereas the developer was dtp (I'm really not sure about this; Deadalic doesn't even list it on their "games" page anymore, so I'd think there are no plans towards an ENG issue at least not as far as they are concerned).

Yes, I did translate Chains of Satinav but quite honestly I suspect there was an extensive editing process after it had left my desk. (The crew was occupied with finalizing the GER version at the time, so they couldn't really deal with the translation and the translator the way the latter would have wished it to be . Furthermore - knowing hardcore role players who sometimes are hard to please when it comes to "their" universe - the terms and denominations will certainly have undergone some scrutiny).

So I don't really know how much of my original translation still stands

All I know that it *might* be published on the same date as the GER version (according to Iolan on the Daedalic forum pages, 23rd of March) but maybe there'll be a slight delay.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Also, there's another preview gameplay video.
Oh my, that looks beyond lovely. The animations look miles better compared to what they showed in a video a while ago, while they aren't quite "smooth", they're perfectly acceptable in their current state as far as I'm concerned.
Can't wait.

By the way, what is happening with the English release of Harvey's New Eyes? Is it coming at all?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #39
overall swell guy

I'm pretty sure Harvey's New Eyes is coming at some point.

When I was just getting ready to translate I was assigned Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse instead. With Telltale's tight schedule that was obviously more pressing.

In the meantime I have done several other gigs for Daedalic, so my guess is that they could find another translator for HNE.

For a definite answer you might want go to Deadalic's forum page and start the Harvey thread with your inquiry here:

http://forum.daedalic.de/

Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #40

Eineinhalb Ritter was developed by Daedalic, publisher was Warner Bros. Games (I think). It's not exactly up to the standards Daedalic's other games.
It was developed in a pretty short time frame of around 6 months, I think, and it was based on a movie by and with Til Schweiger which aren't exactly the best circumstances for a good game to come of it. I'm sure that the script of the game is much funnier than the movie though.
It's barely anything more than a chain of puzzles of varying quality with little else to hold your interest. It's lacking in many areas. Til Schweiger's voice acting is terrible, many jokes fall flat (even more than usual), very little music and ambient sound can be heard, animation is sparse, the protagonist responds in the same ways for a lot of different actions,...
...it was good for a licensed game, but not exactly good on its own.

Last edited by ozzie; 02-15-2012 at 11:15 AM.