You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Huge Dreamfall Project Finished

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #21
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
^ Youtube only allows 10 minute videos and they also have a file size limit. That is definitely out of the question. Like I said, either go with a free file hosting site or use torrents.
Are you sure? I've watched videos at YouTube that exceeded 20 minutes and the picture was as crisp as it could be within that format.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

^ Someone mentioned earlier that you can get around the restriction if you register with Youtube as a "director".
Old 04-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #23
merely human

Yes, it was someone under the 'director' status. Does that cost?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #24

why don´t you try Live Music Archive, they have tons of "speed run" videos and maybe you could upload your video there, there is no limit I think and your video will stay there permanently. I think it is a gret choice.

It is a perfectly legal site, by the way: http://www.archive.org/details/movies

oh, and congratulations on your work!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #25
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Yes, it was someone under the 'director' status. Does that cost?
No, its free.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 04-11-2007, 01:57 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Shoal

Well, I can't say I'm surprised the link was removed. Unfortunately, it's hitting me much harder than I thought it would. But... oh well I guess.

Would I be considered out of order if I offered private links to those who wanted the files?

Last edited by Shoal; 04-11-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:25 AM   #27
Schättenjager

Can you make videos for Oddworld abe's exoddus,now that would be fun
Old 04-11-2007, 03:49 AM   #28
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
There even a cheat you can use to see every CG sequence in the game on a list.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #29

Pity that the link to the torrent was deleted. Some months ago I got a speed-gaming movie of Half-Life 2, and it was really enjoyable.

Could we contact you via pm, to check if you still seed it, or you have uploaded it somewhere? Hope you have a lot of upload bandwidth...
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #30
OB

Gamespot has a user that has video files showcasing Grim Fandango in its entirety. If you could get approval, you could always go that route.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
It's available at the site that Havrepus pointed out above.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/gamelist/PC.html

Make sure you also get the HL2 game movie that I mentioned earlier!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 AM   #32

If it's okay, anyone is free to contact me privately for links to the files. I uploaded them to MegaUpload.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #33
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'll be honest, I don't really get the point of doing all that work.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #34

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat View Post
Gamespot has a user that has video files showcasing Grim Fandango in its entirety. If you could get approval, you could always go that route.
They'll probably get taken down eventually (if they ever find them). A lot of the Sam and Max trailers I uploaded were taken down and I was warned by a moderator to stop posting them because they were property of GameTap. Bunch of crap if you ask me.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #35
Hitch-Hiker

I saw give youtube a go, you can upload well over 30min a pop if you click on Directors acount. Its the easiest way to get it to many people.

_

Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #36
Adventure Game Researcher

I am afraid that this effort of yours which shows definitely a great love of Dreamfall and creative energy is something that is a copyright infringement, unless FunCom has given permission. They are a great company and very creative themselves, why not contact them and see what they say.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #37

I don't contact Funcom because... well... I know what they'll say. I'd wager a 90% chance that they'll call it copyright infringement. This irks me, because as far as I'm concerned, I'm doing this to help them. When I see hard data showing a loss of capital, I'll believe it. If I can use these videos to get two friends to buy this game and The Longest Journey -- which I've done so far, by the way -- even copyright infringement shouldn't stop me. I just made Funcom money. These friends will also very likely buy Dreamfall Chapters, and they would not have previously. Funcom wants the bottom line? There it is.

Last edited by Shoal; 04-12-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #38
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoal View Post
I don't contact Funcom because... well... I know what they'll say. I'd wager a 90% chance that they'll call it copyright infringement.
LOL. So then you, yourself, MUST think that it's somewhat of a copyright infringement if you're so sure they'd think so. I mean, if you're so sure that you're "helping" them, then what's the problem with sending it to them? Am I missing something? Certainly you see the logic here....
Old 04-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
LOL. So then you, yourself, MUST think that it's somewhat of a copyright infringement if you're so sure they'd think so. I mean, if you're so sure that you're "helping" them, then what's the problem with sending it to them? Am I missing something? Certainly you see the logic here....
I never denied I thought it was some form of copyright infringement. Or, at least I don't remember doing so. In fact, I was more or less sure it was infringement straight from the beginning. So why do I continue? Because I'm obeying the spirit of the law, not its letter. The letter of the law no doubt states in clear print that what I'm doing is illegal. It was written this way to protect Funcom's profits and intellectual property control. Funcom, due to the intricacies of legality, would be forced to uphold the cold, hard letter and tell me my project wasn't allowed. Normally, this would be a good idea. It protects the company from malicious and/or spiteful intent meant to damage it.

The spirit of this law, however, is, "don't hurt sales and keep the content intact as originally presented." As a huge fan of the game and thus wanting the best for it, I've judged Dreamfall's "content" in regards to this spirit as its presentation of setting, characters and plot and not so much the tiny amount of gameplay between those elements.

Motivation behind an action is every bit as important as the action itself. My heart is in the right place and my motivation is pure. I did not do this with any malicious or spiteful intent, and in my social circle I actually made Funcom money during the execution. This was, in essence, a labor of love capable of widening the audience of a game that would have otherwise been ignored. Or, as originally intended, to expand a game owner's previously existant enjoyment of their product.

I guess, from one perspective, you could call it a form of "underground advertising." And anyway, I think the audience that would prefer the game as a movie is pretty small, so the point is more or less moot.

Last edited by Shoal; 04-13-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #40
say yes when nobody asked

Not to mention that most of the people who are interested in a movie like this, if not all of them, have bought both The Longest Journey and Dreamfall already.