• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

how do you deal with an AG you don’t quite like?..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

do you oblige yourself to finish it or do you just simply jump to another?

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Watch the rest of the game on youtube skipping as much as i can. last time i did this was Deponia 2. man, that was painful…  Mini Frown

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I either abuse a walkthrough to see the ending if I’m interested or put it aside thinking I’ll get back to it to never remember it again.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Kind of a mix of what others have said.  Sometimes I feel obliged to finish it (and be a little more liberal with a walkthrough); sometimes I just never go back.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Once upon a time I opted to take a walkthrough and plough the thing through, now days I most of the time just stop playing unless the plot for an example is something I really want to see solved.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Depends on how much I dislike the AG, how far I am from the end, and how intriguing the story is (even if the gameplay is hell).

If I really dislike it, and have no interest in seeing the story come to a conclusion, I’ll just abandon the game and never get back to it.
If I’m getting close to the end, though, I’ll opt to walkthrough-bulldoze through to the end.
And if the game is bad with horrible gameplay, but the story is intriguing, then I’ll probably walkthrough-bulldoze my way through to the end as well.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

When i was more younger and Devs were more talented , i used to push even crappy games till end to enjoy some great sections
Now average quality of games and much less time and more variety in all genres i tend to avoid

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

I just quit playing and never come back. Thimbleweed Park the latest game getting this treatment.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

smulan - 22 April 2017 11:30 AM

I just quit playing and never come back. Thimbleweed Park the latest game getting this treatment.

when things said truly without reservations…
me too Smulan..  i 2nd that, i left out its 2nd half, got bored and forgotten about.. tho to say the truth it had lots of potential but sticking to the old MM legacy was too boring in 2017, might have been and a genuine gem if it was released back then, yeah, i know thats what they have been trying to achieve but didn’t work all the way for me

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 22 April 2017 12:17 PM
smulan - 22 April 2017 11:30 AM

when things said truly without reservations…
me too Smulan..  i 2nd that

You mean uninstall them immediately?I can’t never do that,keep them as long as possible,
through out the long years keep them in an archive drive, at first on hold later in an older games file and give them chance if i ever get the right mood and decide to waste my time again someday.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

sorry man, i added to the post my explanation right after you quoted my 1st part of it.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I tend to just stop playing. There are so many entertainment options bombarding us these days that there is not that much time to waste on things you don’t enjoy.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

SoccerDude28 - 22 April 2017 02:12 PM

I tend to just stop playing. There are so many entertainment options bombarding us these days that there is not that much time to waste on things you don’t enjoy.

You might like it if you kept playing tho? Maybe you were wrong?  Naughty

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I have tried several times to get interested in Riven. I printed out 5 pages of a walkthrough to get me started - thinking that if I got a little immersed in the game that I would like it; as so many people rave about it. but, sadly, it always bored me. I guess I don’t like the solitary feeling and no inventory or figuring out things to give to people or how to help characters.  I might try it again in a few years, but, I sure hated it when I played it and so gave up on it. So, I guess I give up on games if I don’t like them - but, I always think I will try them again as maybe as I get older and wiser that I might like them in the future?

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Life is too short to keep playing games you just don’t like.  I always give a game a break and try to see the good things about but don’t feel at all bad about abandoning it if I just can’t stand it any longer.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like to complete the games I play, and I tend not to install a new one until I’ve finished the one I’m playing.  I’m sure I don’t play as many games per year as other gamers, but I like to take my time and see all a game has to offer.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top