• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 21 April

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

]

In my last Casual Friday post I profiled Echoes of the Past - Royal House of Stone as an example of how far ahead the developers were from everyone else. Remember, this game was released in 2009.

The above screenshot is from Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors. It was developed by a company called Top Evidence Studio, and was released in 2010. Regrettably this game shows how behind the curve its developers were when it came to advancing the casual game genre. This is little more than fifty or so hidden object scenes held together by a familiar, but flimsy story about a boy who is trapped in a mansion and must find all the parts of a broken mirror in order to escape.

Unfortunately this is the exact description some people used to describe casual games on the Your criteria for choosing games thread. I can’t say I blame them. If they first tried a casual back in 2010, found this, thought is was the best the genre had to offer, gave up, and have been criticizing them ever since, I can understand.

One of my first adventure games was Sierra’s Codename Iceman. If I had not given the genre another shot after playing that piece of dreck, I probably would never have played all the wonderful games I have.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Have you done a top 5 list of your favorite casual games, rtrooney? I wouldn’t mind seeing one.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have not. Primarily because those types of lists tend to generate discussions that are more argumentative than informative. But I will give it some thought.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It will be more than top five. Because some, such as Drawn, encompass three games that can’t be thought of separately.

Not sure whether it would be best to post simply as the next post to the Casual
Games thread, which would be the least controversial, or to post as a thread of its own. E.g. Top Ten Casual Games.

Still thinking about this. Anyone have thoughts?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I would like it if you made a separate thread. I don’t follow the Casual Games thread and wouldn’t see your top ten there.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yes, do a seperate thread. People not normally interested in casuals who could be intereted in a top 10 might not enter the Casual Games thread.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Agreed.  I’m interested in what babies I’m throwing out with the bath-water.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I commit to playing at least two of the games from your list.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The"Best of” has been posted.

It is only my opinion. I’m sure others will disagree. Can’t do anything about that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top