• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Late Shift FMV interactive movie

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Here is a new FMV crime thriller movie set in London with choices at key points in the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/584980

7 different endings and 180 decisions to make.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Looks like another too little,too late remake.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Gabe - 21 April 2017 12:27 PM

Looks like another too little,too late remake.

what the hell is too little,too late?  Confused

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

You could argue any traditional adventure game that gets released today is too little, way too late.

And I’d agree quite frankly.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I played it, it’s not bad, movie quality and acting is better than most FMVs games. Interaction is minimal, only those choices. Reaching the first ending was entertaining, The Bunker had more gameplay but was more boring. Enjoyed this story more.
However after reaching the first ending, I have no desire play much more. I restarted and you can’t choose the chapter or fast forward the parts already seen and the changes by the choices were minimal…

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

wilco - 22 April 2017 12:59 PM

I played it, it’s not bad, movie quality and acting is better than most FMVs games. Interaction is minimal, only those choices. Reaching the first ending was entertaining, The Bunker had more gameplay but was more boring. Enjoyed this story more.
However after reaching the first ending, I have no desire play much more. I restarted and you can’t choose the chapter or fast forward the parts already seen and the changes by the choices were minimal…

Not true, there are big differenes in paths through the game. How long did you play on your second run?

Also, you are brave to spend $13 on a game lasting you only 80 minutes Naughty

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 22 April 2017 04:36 PM

Not true, there are big differenes in paths through the game. How long did you play on your second run?

Have you played it? Second playthrough was until the auction. I chose the oppsite in all choices and was exactly at the same point. Might go back if it really goes through a different path (not just the ending).

It’s also cheaper on PSN Smile

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

wilco - 22 April 2017 05:43 PM
Headycakesofdoom - 22 April 2017 04:36 PM

Have you played it? Second playthrough was until the auction. I chose the oppsite in all choices and was exactly at the same point. Might go back if it really goes through a different path (not just the ending).

It’s also cheaper on PSN Smile

Yes I played it. The first branching point is after the car crash.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 22 April 2017 07:49 PM

I’m close so going to check out the changes. Still the game could use a fast forward or chapter select button.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 23 April 2017 04:53 AM

I’m close so going to check out the changes.

You could say you had a…. late shift!! Ha! Crazy

I’ll be leaving now.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 23 April 2017 05:06 AM
wilco - 23 April 2017 04:53 AM

I’m close so going to check out the changes.

You could say you had a…. late shift!! Ha! Crazy

I’ll be leaving now.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Got to a second ending. There’s a deviation on how you get to the torture scene. Instead of getting caught at the hotel you are picked up in the police car (lol) but I think the end game options still remain the same - Go to Parr or the auction house before. Why can’t I choose to go to the police again at that part?.
Both of the endings I got were “bad” arrested or dead and I have some ideas on how do it differently at the end but no way I’m going to watch the first hour of the game again for now.

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Watch the good ending on youtube. I agree it needs a fast forward or skip button

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 23 April 2017 07:20 AM

Watch the good ending on youtube. I agree it needs a fast forward or skip button

Saw it, pretty cool. Makes it even more annoying that there’s no fast forward.
Apparently the game is cheaper in the App Store and has chapter selection there…  Pan
Also played in some theaters where the audience makes the choices

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I agree that a fast forward option would have been a good idea.  In general,however, I had a very good time with Late Shift - despite of its flaws.

In terms of acting, directing, lighting and film editing this one is certainly on a totally different level than most other things that used live-action video in the past. I also loved the way it kept going and going, only leaving a few seconds for each decision, so the film was able to continue seamlessly.

The story definitely had its plot holes (some of them as a result of the narrative branching), and every now and then I thought to myself, “why do I have to choose between these two things, I would do something entirely different right now”. 

Nevertheless, I was able to enjoy the story - it certainly wasn’t L.A. Confidential, but it felt like a solid thriller storyline to me.

Personally, I also enjoyed replaying it - at least the second half of the replay.  In my case, several things turned out quite differently after the car accident, and I definitely appreciated that. For example: In my second playthrough, Matt and May-Ling went to Mr.Woe’s place. Afterwards they were hiding in a motel, and got attacked by mobsters. I didn’t see any of that in the first playthrough. The final confrontation was pretty much identical to the one in my first playthrough. I liked the different possibilities of getting to that point, though. 

In general, I think the creators have an excellent technology. If they can do more interactive movies with impressive production values - and improve some things - they’re on a good way.  Smile  Thumbs Up

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top