• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s play: The Adventures of Willy Beamish

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Recently released on gog is a game that looks like a cartoon and… probably stars Willy Beamish… I don’t know much about it (except that Oscar seems to want to play it Smile ) so here’s the gog info:

About: Just how much trouble do you think you could get yourself into if you could be nine years old again knowing… what you know now?
Remember…
Your tag-along little sister… Just how hard would you have to push to get her swing to do a loop?
Ancient Ms. Glass’ English class… Hey kiddies, can you spell “cardiac arrest?”
Good ‘ol mom and dad… Dump ‘em fast, dump ‘em now, look cute and blame everything on your sister.
Welcome to the terminally cute, seriously warped world of Willy Beamish. You’ll face neurotic yuppie parents, teachers pushed over the edge, a ghostly grandfather back from the grave, the baby-sitter from hell, a pet jumping frog on steroids and a plot to blow the city’s sewer system sky high. It’s chaotic, it’s juvenile, it’s definitely deranged and you’re gonna love every minute of it.
A seriously mental cast of characters
An easy-to-use point and click interface
Traditional cell animation
Hand painted backgrounds
Truly wicked puzzles
An outrageous original soundtrack

Mental characters? Wicked puzzles? Outrageous soundtrack? So 90s! Let’s go

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Which one to play - floppy version or cd version?

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

Oh i loved this game so much.
It creeps me out to this day. It was the fuel of my childhood nightmares.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there nuthing to mention there about the differences between te CD-Rom and the Floppy Diskettes Wilco, all there is to say do you want it with Voices or not.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 13 April 2017 06:27 PM

there nuthing to mention there about the differences between te CD-Rom and the Floppy Diskettes Wilco, all there is to say do you want it with Voices or not.

Voices don’t seem bad so I’ll go with that.

The game seems to be brutal. 2 game overs in the first 10 minutes, even before I saved the game!

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Is that the part where you need to cheat on the test? My memories of the game are super fuzzy.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Antrax - 14 April 2017 11:38 PM

Is that the part where you need to cheat on the test? My memories of the game are super fuzzy.

Haven’t seen any tests so far (SQ5 maybe?). Willy gets in detention at last day of school because his frog Horny (lol) jumps on the principal.
In there you can try to get out but could only go to “healthy” nurse or get sent to the principal that sends you to military school.
Best course of action so far seemed to be “do nothing” and wait until the teacher sends you home.

Around you can walk the dog, play with you sister, practice for the Nintari champioship… Game has few interactions and it’s more about choosing the right option so far.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the game. Thought it was disappointingly bad. Maybe if I played when it was released it would have some nostalgic value since it looks very good for the time and has some fun moments in a cartoonish way (Bat babysitter, tourist ninjas?) but now… - It’s a collection of trial and error puzzles with annoying timed events with minimal interactions.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so, are you ready?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 23 April 2017 08:26 PM

so, are you ready?

For Quest for Glory?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!