Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Kona - Firewatch in the snow?

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Is anyone playing this investigative thriller released this week?  What I like about it is that it allows you to be a detective and miss things, it isn’t a “find checkpoint and move on” game. It does not have the highest production values but makes up for it in atmosphere and suspense.

Total Posts: 296

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Been playing for a few hours and the game sure has potential.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5424

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am not sure if its the same game i checked months back as Canadian simulator

edit

it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYWv_i24i4s

If you guys dig this, be sure to check out Near Death,, i loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xademo2oDTE

I never asked for this

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Near Death looks too much like a Survival game. The survival parts of Kona are very light, it’s really a mystery adventure game.

Total Posts: 5424

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

BitingWit - 19 March 2017 09:45 AM

Near Death looks too much like a Survival game. The survival parts of Kona are very light, it’s really a mystery adventure game.

My buddy who played it says its poor man’s Untildawn and have shooting and fights

wat gives??

I never asked for this

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

nomadsoul - 19 March 2017 05:54 PM
BitingWit - 19 March 2017 09:45 AM

My buddy who played it says its poor man’s Untildawn and have shooting and fights

wat gives??

I don’t know what “Untildawn” is. I have not needed my gun so far except to scare off some wolves. Maybe later? Who knows.

I’ve gone off the game a tad since writing OP. Too much searching for hidden objects. Don’t think the open world is needed in my opinion, it would have been better with a navigation like Barrow Hill.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

I saw this game a few PAX’s ago, but completely forgot about it. The launch trailer looks fantastic. Though I’m less interested in the survival bits and more the mystery parts.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »