• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Al Emmo Playthrough?

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Al Emmo (7): diego (leader), rtrooney, chrissie, BitingWit, SoccerDude28, glom, Oscar

These are the votes. With the exception of SoccerDude28, nobody else voted for Fran Bow.

So what do you think about a separate Al Emmo playthrough. I hope Diego will again volunteer to lead. And I will do my best to get designers/consultants to participate.

Anyone interested?

Edit: Apparently chrissie, although she didn’t vote for it, is playing Fran Bow as well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, both chrissie and SoccerDude voted for Fran Bow, and I wouldn’t want to start the playthrough as a leader knowing that two members I’d gladly want in my playthrough, are not able to join because of the (official) playthrough.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’ll play an Al Emmo playthrough whenever it happens I would prefer if Chrissie and SoccerDude would join us though…

I have Fran Bow (through humble monhly bundle) but I’m not in a mood for a depressing game Smile

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Yeah chrissie also voted for Fran Bow. btw I thought you said you would not do another playthrough if there is one in progress, so quickly you changed your mind?

It seems that every time a game that you want to win does not win you start to bleed in some way. Tongue

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Renacimiento - 16 March 2017 10:06 AM

Yeah chrissie also voted for Fran Bow. btw I thought you said you would not do another playthrough if there is one in progress, so quickly you changed your mind?

Mikekelly - 15 March 2017 06:59 PM

I think Karlok told me to start my own playthrough.

Good idea, I really don’t think it would cause a problem really.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 16 March 2017 01:58 PM
Renacimiento - 16 March 2017 10:06 AM

Mikekelly - 15 March 2017 06:59 PM

I think Karlok told me to start my own playthrough.

Good idea, I really don’t think it would cause a problem really.

Yes I did vote for Fran Bow right at the beginning before Al Emmo was nominated again.

Both games attracted votes from different members except for SoccerDude28 & myself so I tend to agree that 2 simultaneously running playthroughs wouldn’t be a problem! 

diego - 15 March 2017 10:41 PM

Yeah, both chrissie and SoccerDude voted for Fran Bow, and I wouldn’t want to start the playthrough as a leader knowing that two members I’d gladly want in my playthrough, are not able to join because of the (official) playthrough.

In theory, as the playthrough schedule for Fran Bow is very generous on the time front I could’ve participated in one for Al Emmo also EXCEPT that Lady Kestrel will be presenting her ‘Spring Tournament’ next week? which will distract me too much to keep up with 2 PTs Laughing
N.B. I’m very honoured that you would like me to be present in the playthrough along with SoccerDude!

What I would suggest is starting an unofficial playthrough for Al Emmo in early May after the tournament has finished & before voting gets underway for the next official playthrough!  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I AM IN!, i remember since this was remastered (rereleased) and i have decided long ago to replay it, so its better be now ..
downloading…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

but wasn’t this free sometime before or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 16 March 2017 02:37 PM

If you’re referring to Al Emmo it was released as a commercial game!  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 16 March 2017 02:46 PM
Advie - 16 March 2017 02:37 PM

If you’re referring to Al Emmo it was released as a commercial game!  Smile

ok, then i was mixed up with their (Himalaya’) freeware
Thanks!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Pulling the plug! Maybe I will re-introduce the Al Emmo playthrough option in May, as chrissie suggested.

Diego won’t lead because chrissie and SoccerDude28 won’t be on the participating team. I can understand that. Although that’s a bit like saying “if I don’t get Vince Vaughn on my dodgeball team, I won’t play in the tournament.”

I really don’t get the comment from the person who didn’t vote for Al Emmo, but finds it appropriate to insert comments about what I decide or decide not to do. Particularly when the leader of the other playthrough gave this try a thumbs up. Troll is the only word that comes to mind.

So, we will give this another shot on 1 May. Al Emmo is not a long game, so it should be easy to finish while the other stuff is going on.

I will do my best to round up the people from Himalaya. And REALLY hope I can coax a guest appearance from Josh Mandel.

See you all later.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

rtrooney - 16 March 2017 08:49 PM

Diego won’t lead because chrissie and SoccerDude28 won’t be on the participating team. I can understand that. Although that’s a bit like saying “if I don’t get Vince Vaughn on my dodgeball team, I won’t play in the tournament.

Al Emmo will get its chance. Wink Sooner or later. Official or unofficial, and it’s good to make sure everybody who is interested in the game will join. Thanks for the initiative, though.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok easy, uninstalling Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top