• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #42: Fran Bow

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TerminusEst - 27 March 2017 06:44 AM
Karlok - 23 March 2017 07:57 PM

Getting back to the subject of Fran Bow: I’m sorry to say I don’t really like the game very much.

I am also hopeful for an uptick in the participation rate Meh

There was never a downtick on that one TerminusEst!  Laughing
I just wondered whether other members who voted for the game feel as Karlok does or perhaps have issues with the subject matter? 

TerminusEst - 28 March 2017 12:40 AM

Done with Chapter 2. As I said, I am enjoying myself so far and I look forward to coming back to the game and tackling the third chapter.

I am a little confused about the story of the twins. My understanding so far is that they were born separated but were subjected to an experimental surgery in the hospital, where they were joined. Or is the joining part of their delusions, for which they were “treated” with duotine? In any case, presumably at some point they too escaped the hospital and drowned in the well. Anyone have a different interpretation of this part?

The rest of what’s happening remains somewhat murky for me.

I don’t have any different interpretation so far & yes nothing seems to be clear yet! I don’t remember there being any reference to the twins in the hospital - at least being sewn together.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just wondered whether other members who voted for the game feel as Karlok does or perhaps have issues with the subject matter?

The subject matter can be a draw as well. This game is one very strange puppy and those tired of run of the mill adventures would find it interesting.

Horror games are not for everybody, but I like them as a change of pace.

So far, attendance has actually been good for a CPT and I can hardly wait to hear the comments we’ll get about chapter 2 and beyond.

Heart

Image Attachments

image119__full.jpg

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

chrissie - 28 March 2017 09:33 AM
TerminusEst - 27 March 2017 06:44 AM

I am also hopeful for an uptick in the participation rate Meh

There was never a downtick on that one TerminusEst!  Laughing

Aw, I hope no one has been put off by the game’s themes. But even in that case, it would be great if they dropped by to tell us what it was so we can have a chat about it. Let a thousand flowers bloom and all that.

I was also hopeful Renacimiento would be posting more. He (I presume) seems to be a fan of darker material, and changed his avatar and all to boot. Oh well. Maybe he will catch up.

chrissie - 28 March 2017 09:33 AM

I don’t have any different interpretation so far & yes nothing seems to be clear yet! I don’t remember there being any reference to the twins in the hospital - at least being sewn together.

Yeah, nothing clear-cut. Fran recognized the environments in the photo of the twins in the mirror. Plus there was a bottle of duotine there. The sewing-together part is speculation though: given the other experiments going on in the hospital, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s another thing they tried to pull off. But it is a step apart from “mere” lobotomies.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Chapter 2. I did not expect Frogger Smile

Confused on what is going on, sometimes the pills seem to show reality like the well but other times not Creatures in trees. And poor bettlepig…

Wondering if Fran is always at the hospital the whole time imagining stuff. Also if the Chapter 3 name Vegetative state is meant to be taken literally and Fran is in a coma

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I found this Great News on the internet, HerInteractive is going to make additional Fran Bow adventure games!:

“HerInteractive is proud to announce the replacement of Nancy Drew in their games with an 18 year old Fran Bow. This change will result in increased popularity with the longest running game series and allow us to reach players wanting more from their adventures.

The first game in this restarted series is ‘Fran Bow and the Possessed Occult Evil Vampire Clock’ has Fran Bow investigating teenagers who turn into singing and dancing vampires:

For more information go to our website:

wwww.herinteractive/franbow”

This sounds like a great game for the next CPT!

Tongue

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

April Fool! Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

So, while other folks are playing Thimbleweed Park, I finished chapter 3. It was by far the meatiest chapter so far, both in terms of gameplay and in terms of exposition.

Incidentally, I was tickled pink by the sudden, surreal, and hilarious arrival of a flying rowboat crewed by a pair of martial anthropomorphic root vegetables at the end of Chapter 2. That was a lovely scene.

After an exposition-heavy beginning of the chapter (The Big Black, the five realities, kamalas/valokas, paired with Leon’s sad diary, connecting the fantastical elements with the game’s themes of mental suffering, despair and suicide), we got into the puzzles. Overall, it all added up to a nice little fantasy adventure with some neat mechanics (Fran’s season changing ability).

I could’ve done without the repetitive tic-tac-toe game (there has to be a better way for Fran to earn the requisite gold coins). Also, I was stuck on the dancer’s shoes puzzle until I read AG’s own Katie Smith’s review on this very site, which mentions Fran’s ability to skip more than one season at a time. Apparently, I was not the only one who totally missed that. That was a neat puzzle, incidentally.

(Did anyone have a chat with the ant in the bar about The Great Antonio? That was easily missed but provided an explanation for some of the strange goings-on in Chapter 2.)

I can’t wait for chapter 4. So far, this game is exuding a ton of charm, in great degree thanks to Fran’s likeability and cheerful innocence.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m currently playing Viktor, and am having a surprisingly difficult time getting through some of the puzzles. And I’m only into the second part of the first episode. This does not bode well.

Still hoping for an Al Emmo victory, but I see a possibility of a TP runaway for the next AGCPT.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I really love liked chapter 3, made the game for me. I do hope chapter 4 brings a smile to your face as well.

After chapter 4, things start to get REALLY strange”.....................

Heart

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished chapter 3, fun chapter in the puzzles with the whole season changing ability. Story seems a bit with too many random things being thrown around, still hope it all ties together.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just loved chapter 3 - great puzzles and the characters you meet are so interesting.

Things do conclude at the end, I do hope we have a great discussion on the game’s ending we are all done with the game.

Shifty Eyed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished Chapter 4. It has 2 parts but it’s smaller than 3, less puzzles and locations. Things do get more interesting. Curious how it will all wrap up now.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Things do get more interesting.

Well, YOU only have one more chapter to complete after all.

Then please tell us what you think of the ending.

Heart

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I will get back to posting in the next couple of days - I haven’t fallen behind as such!  Smile

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Is this game as good as the Cat Lady? Really enjoyed that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top