• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Citizens on Patrol - A Police Quest Playthrough

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Great i also liked playing the police quest games. I noticed no one mentioned the Blue Force game has anyone played it ?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished PQ4 and what a chore it was.
Slow moving, backtracking, repeating the same tasks over and over, pixel-hunting in some ugly graphics were objects don’t stand out. A potentially interesting story at the beginning that goes nowhere with an ending that’s so rushed that forgets all the investigation you’ve done.
Nothing much to recommend in this one, in my opinion, game is more typical detective adventure that’s been done later and better. Taking out Sonny and Lytton City also took out the personality the series had…

And with this one I conclude the series, not a very remarkable one for me, inferior to the other Sierra series I’ve played. I think I enjoyed 1 and 2 the most since 3 had some pacing problems and nasty dead ends and 4 was just a bore.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for your perspective on the series, Wilco.  I had thought I might start them, but I think they’re going on the back burner for a while since I have so many other games I want to play or replay more.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That’s a pretty good summary of PQ4 Wilco. Overall PQ the adventure games were a series that just got progressively worse with each installment. It was a nice idea for a series, but the intent just doesn’t line up with the end result.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Resurrecting the thread because of an article on Waypoint:

How Sierra and a Disgraced Cop Made the Most Reactionary Game of the 90s

Interesting article, no idea about the story behind Police Quest Open Season

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 18 January 2018 04:40 PM

Resurrecting the thread because of an article on Waypoint:

How Sierra and a Disgraced Cop Made the Most Reactionary Game of the 90s

Interesting article, no idea about the story behind Police Quest Open Season

Interesting. I never knew how much of a moron Ken Williams was either.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s a funny thing, really, the hiring of Gates as a head of Police Quest 4. I always knew he wasn’t really the one who had written it nor designed the game, but that article does shed pretty interesting light on why he ever was approached by Ken Williams and I must admit I do understand why he did it. It wasn’t a smart choice then and it feels even odder now, but I get why he might have thought “Okay, Walls is out, maybe I’ll just get someone famous. Who’s a famous cop, I wonder. Oh, riots. Now that’s a famous cop”.

It really isn’t a wonder that PQ4 is the worst game in the series. The article makes it feel completely like a business decision. They just had to continue the franchise no matter what.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Great article, thanks for linking.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top