• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Citizens on Patrol - A Police Quest Playthrough

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 21 March 2017 05:05 PM

I didn’t know this existed, a Japanese version of PQ2:

Looks pretty much like the original, but it has anime heads for character close ups. And what have they done to the captain? Skip to 2 hours 35 mins to see the full deal of the horror.

This really is crazy. Why did they do that to the captain’s hair?

In PQ3 I’ve arrived at the part where goes Marie gets into a coma (Sweet Cheeks, nooooo Frown )
Curious that even after being promoted and getting the key to the city we still have to deal with these crazies

And the driving is beyond boring… Who thought this was a good idea.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 25 March 2017 10:58 AM

I love this screenshot.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

“415..  looney on the run, over n out” Cool

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The driving in PQ3 is pretty similar to driving in PQ1 remake, so if you’re going to play it as well, be prepared.

I’ve always been wondering why the driving window is so small, but I’m guessing it might have been a memory problem back then. Or maybe they just figured that with a bigger screen it would be too easy.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice avatar, Oscar

tomimt - 26 March 2017 12:23 PM

The driving in PQ3 is pretty similar to driving in PQ1 remake, so if you’re going to play it as well, be prepared.

I don’t know if I can handle that again…

This game seems to be to live along KQ5 in deadendsville where any small object you don’t pick up will come to haunt you later… That along the general slowness of all procedures is making it unbearable… Oh well, on day 4 now, shouldn’t be too long now (I hope)

Edit: Pat Morales is the most suspicious partner ever…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 27 March 2017 04:18 AM

well, promote this guy instantly!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 27 March 2017 06:17 AM
wilco - 27 March 2017 04:18 AM

well, promote this guy instantly!

“I need to go do lady stuff”
“Drive me to the mall, I need to make a call”
“Here is a key that you can’t pick up”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m near the end of PQ3 but I think something is bugged!
From what I read in a walkthrough I’m supposed to go to court to get a warrant to go inside the crack house but can’t leave the car in the court. The message is always “You don’t need to get out here”.... Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally finished PQ3. Just had to start over…  Shifty Eyed  followed the walkthrough this time and although there was a bunch of stuff I didn’t do Ii don’t think any of it would not let me get that warrant to get in the crack house so I might have been a bug.
Have to say although the game is abundant in dead-ends it does something that I don’t think is very common in Sierra games from this time - not doing something doesn’t immediately mean you won’t be able to finish since the game sometimes adapts to that, the difference is that you will less points. It’s cool but that are still plenty of late dead ends so it doesn’t eliminate the frustration.
The game itself is pretty boring, besides all those police procedures, characters are extremely thin (Gabriel Knight it ain’t) and the story again feels rushed. And that driving… I don’t get it, it doesn’t have any kind of challenge and it doesn’t really makes the game more real since the player is the only car cruising the monotonous streets.
On the positive side some of police puzzles were good (facial recognition, map patters, car paint evidence) and it does look very good with a kick ass soundtrack.

Going to skip the remake for now and go directly to PQ4, don’t want to deal with driving…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 02 April 2017 07:36 PM

not doing something doesn’t immediately mean you won’t be able to finish since the game sometimes adapts to that, the difference is that you will less points. It’s cool but that are still plenty of late dead ends so it doesn’t eliminate the frustration.

so Marrie lived afterall?, the game have a bad ending too, plus as said missing some score points

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 03 April 2017 02:48 AM
wilco - 02 April 2017 07:36 PM

not doing something doesn’t immediately mean you won’t be able to finish since the game sometimes adapts to that, the difference is that you will less points. It’s cool but that are still plenty of late dead ends so it doesn’t eliminate the frustration.

so Marrie lived afterall?, the game have a bad ending too, plus as said missing some score points

Happy to report that, despite being treated in the worst hospital ever that mixes up meds dosage, Marie is alive and pregnant Smile

Now, Police Quest - Open Season

Any advice here?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

just be prepared for very adventure game like puzzles. And that it’s not set in Lytton anymore but and tries to overall be more gritty.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 03 April 2017 11:48 AM

just be prepared for very adventure game like puzzles. And that it’s not set in Lytton anymore but and tries to overall be more gritty.

Yeah, started playing it, doesn’t really feel like the same series, set in LA and very dark.

One thing that didn’t change is the manual, this one is a incredibly boring list of procedures…

Also has that annoying thing in some Sierra games that can’t have text and voices, can only shoose one.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

What happened to that new Jim Walls game coming out? The police sim. Is it cancalled?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

BitingWit - 05 April 2017 12:46 AM

What happened to that new Jim Walls game coming out? The police sim. Is it cancalled?

It never got funded.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top