• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Witness - any special moments for you? (Spoilers)

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Interesting turn of events.
I have finally come to the elusive ‘second’ puzzles. I had the sense that there was much more to the game that just the panels, and I had ground to a halt for the first time since I started playing the game. All along, I had seen these larger patterns all over - in the clouds, buildings and landscapes. I long stopped clicking on them, since nothing happened. So, I basically started from scratch again, and retraced all my steps including the Mountain Summit. That one trace seems to be the trigger.
Well, now at least I have a lot more to do while I try to figure out how to open the last door in the town tower.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

colpet - 11 March 2017 11:16 AM

So, I basically started from scratch again, and retraced all my steps including the Mountain Summit. That one trace seems to be the trigger.

It sounds like you think that one particular trace on the mountain is a trigger that activates all environmental puzzles, but that’s not the case. All environmental puzzles are solvable from the very beginning of the game and everybody has their own aha-moment. Yours happened to take place on the mountain. BTW, some are very hard to discover or to trace.

EDIT: Another gem for me was walking around the top of the mountain, looking at the island below and listening to the tape of the astronaut.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Karlok - 11 March 2017 06:05 PM

So, I basically started from scratch again, and retraced all my steps including the Mountain Summit. That one trace seems to be the trigger.

It sounds like you think that one particular trace on the mountain is a trigger that activates all environmental puzzles, but that’s not the case. All environmental puzzles are solvable from the very beginning of the game and everybody has their own aha-moment. Yours happened to take place on the mountain. BTW, some are very hard to discover or to trace.

EDIT: Another gem for me was walking around the top of the mountain, looking at the island below and listening to the tape of the astronaut.

This^ was also a very amazing moment for me, not to mention the aha moment of dicovering the “other puzzles” and also finding all the cool illusions Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Karlok - 11 March 2017 06:05 PM

Ah, I must not have had the perfect view or trace until I got to the mountain. I wish I would have found it earlier. I have completed the town now. Today I go back to the summit and see if anything has changed. Then I will apply myself to the logic of the black pillars. I only have 4 videos, and I know where another is. Just have to crack the door.
Love this game!

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

colpet - 12 March 2017 08:03 AM

I have completed the town now. Today I go back to the summit and see if anything has changed. Then I will apply myself to the logic of the black pillars. I only have 4 videos, and I know where another is. Just have to crack the door.

Not counting the environmental puzzles, there are still a lot of panels waiting for you. Some of the most ingenious and hard ones. IMO.

Love this game!

I had an absolutely marvelous time with The Witness. In my top ten. Looking forward to replaying it in a year or so.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Noclip Doc

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

nomadsoul - 05 April 2017 05:05 AM

Noclip Doc

Thank you for that.
This game keeps giving. I have just decided to tackle the puzzle at the top of the summit.
Now I find myself inside a whole new complex and clues to another spin on what is going on. I love this sense of discovery.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top