• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Work Adventure Game

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-02-27

PM

Hi,

I’m looking to create an Adventure Type game for work. There is a push to add gamification to our section. I was thinking along the lines of a 2D Adventure Game. In my head I remember one that I can’t think of the name, it has a character head in the top right corner of the screen repeating text on the left, you then get a quest and choose what you do next.

Any one know of an example like the above?

I was thinking of using Unity, though am open to other suggestions.

cheers,

Paul.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

You mean an adventure game where your task is to work? Or i’m not getting you here. Many of the main characters in adventure games has some sort of a job in the game (writer, detective, sales agent, etc.).

The most closest thing to a game that represents the vivid spectrum of the working life that comes to my mind is this job simulator https://indiegamestand.com/free-games/2199/cart-life/ though not technically an adventure.

Unity is good for both 2d and 3d. but for a 2d adventure game i’d recommend a software especially designed for it (that is if you’re not an Unity guru). like AGS (free+huge community) or Visionaire (very user friendly).

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I think he meant he’d be creating the game as part of his job (which I hope is more enjoyable than those in Cart Life or Every Day The Same Dream!).

The best approach for creating it will depend on what’s required - for instance if you use AGS it will create something people can download and run independently, whereas if you need something that can be played on a web page or as a phone/tablet app you might be better off using Unity (or finding a suitable toolkit that sits on top of Unity).

I’m trying to picture the game you described - might it be something like this you had in mind?
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1413/

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-02-27

PM

Thanks both of you for your replies, the Kings Quest III was spot on. Think of it like an on-boarding game. Instead of a Wizard you have a HR Head saying ‘Welcome to your first day at the Project Hub, where we ....”

Then some explanations with graphics of who we are and what we do.

Then a quest that may go something like “For your first quest, go introduce yourself to Jane who runs Operations.”

When the Project Manager goes to Jane she’ll give them a code, when they log back into the game, go to their quest log and pull it up the HR Head will say “Well done, now enter the code Jane gave you:”

and on and on so that the new starter will get to meet key people, understand the processes and fill out some examples - and possibly have their knowledge tested.

My first part would be getting a screen with a head and some audio and text.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Zath.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

badlemon, How could you (had) told it is KQIII ‘really’ from that so vague description ?!!?
incredible !!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top