• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Night in the woods

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Couldn’t find a thread. Isn’t anyone else tearing up the town and making a general nuisance of themselves in Possum Springs? I am having a blast with this game.

Crazy

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I backed the game on Kickstarter so it’s in my queue! Not sure how soon I’ll get to it though - The Witness has full allocation of my limited gaming time at the moment. I’m looking forward to it though!

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I enjoyed it even though I didn’t back it (vector graphics isn’t my thing). The game gains its strengths from the same source as its weaknesses IMO.

It has some of the best written characters I’ve ever encountered in a game. It manages to present many aspects from real life like adolescence, social psychology, politics, faith ect. This makes the characters very believable and it takes its momentum from the fact that the story and gameplay takes a back seat.

The latter also brakes the game in some aspects. It takes a very long time before the player gets any form of actual goal. By that time I was starting to get pretty bored. Even though that feeling went away the game could have benefited from adapting a little more to a classic story structure IMO. But that could possibly have diminished the games social portrayal.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Very cool game. Surprisingly lengthy, great music and dialogue. Lovely art, presents some quite mature themes, and it’s fun to play.

Henke - 27 February 2017 03:44 PM

The latter also brakes the game in some aspects. It takes a very long time before the player gets any form of actual goal. By that time I was starting to get pretty bored. Even though that feeling went away the game could have benefited from adapting a little more to a classic story structure IMO. But that could possibly have diminished the games social portrayal.

I was never bored. I enjoyed the slow build-up and exploring the day to day life of Possum Springs. I think the game wanted to get you into the daily routine of the town and to really get to know the characters. I think it worked.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve been slowly making my way through this (now at harvest day)  but I’m enjoying it a lot. The characters and writing are good. So nice and relaxing just going around the town. The mall scene with BeeBee was a highlight.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

The game knows how tickles the twine for sure .

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Only put a couple of hours into this game as of yet, but really liking it so far. The writing REALLY works for me and the pacing is just excellent. Really looking forward to playing some more when I find the time.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Very interesting to read all of your thoughts on Night in the Woods. Seems to be right up my alley, so I’m looking forward to play it later this month. Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished it and in some aspects it reminded of moments I liked in Persona 3/4 with the daily life and social aspects. The mistery part was also good but a bit rushed, I just wish the game was longer, although I probably missed a lot of stuff judging by the missed trophies.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Started playing yesterday and got stuck after 10 minutes. Couldn’t do the platforming or whatever it’s called: three jumps in a row in the woods. I tried about 25 times. Ggggrrr…

My question to people who have played the game: Are there more action sequences like this? If there are, I will uninstall it. But I’d really like to continue playing, I’m intrigued. If it’s just the one series of jumps I’ll try again until I make it.

EDIT: Perhaps I should read reviews more often but I hate having my game spoiled. I read the AG review just now and it mentions light platforming. Well, that does it. Even light is too much for me obviously. I’ll watch it on twitch or youtube.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

If you practice an hour a day you should have it down in no time.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Donuts McGee - 01 May 2019 10:42 AM

If you practice an hour a day you should have it down in no time.

Is this supposed to be funny? I’m 71 and I can’t do this boring platforming stuff anymore.

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

It just requires a somewhat steady pace on doing the three jumps so that the third jump will be higher.

And indeed this is something that’s used later on in the game. I’m guessing that’s why they have the “tutorial” section for it so close to the beginning—albeit it probably could use more hints as to what you need to do because I’ve seen many people have trouble figuring out the exact mechanic. And it could probably be made more forgiving with the timing… but that’s the developers’ choice.

Anyway, if you can’t master it you’ll definitely miss out on some extra cool stuff in the game. I can’t remember if it’s required for any the basic stuff… but I’m thinking “yes”—most likely in the dream sections.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for your response, stroggof. I might give the game another try, playing is so much better than watching someone else play. Same goes for Pony Island, which I loved until I got stuck in some part of the platforming.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

If you just keep running constantly you will fall, try to slow down a bit after a jump so you can time the third jump just right. 

I remember i failed a couple of times too at that part, but once you know how to do it, it’s really simple.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top