• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #41: Kathy Rain

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Small indie games can be quite amazing - sometimes the developer gets enough right to make the game an enjoyable memorable experience despite their limited budgets.

Kathy Rain is in my top three indie games - well worth a replay.

Also - the Aggies for this game just keep rolling in,

Well deserved Aggies I might add….....

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Sorry for not participating, I’ve been super busy at work Frown. I did get to play the game though this weekend, and although I liked the puzzles a lot, and the characters (especially Kathy and Eileen), the story felt off to me. It started really strong, but then they lost me with all the ambiguity and towards the end, I was completely lost. I don’t like that type of story telling that leaves everything so open ended that you have no clue what happened. Some sort of closure and clarity would have benefited the game in my opinion.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

By the way, I’m surprised everyone mentioned Gabriel Knight but no one mentioned the Full Throttle nod with the Black Hats.

Also what is Kathy’s bike model? A Corley, a reference to Corley motors - manufacturers of bikes in FT.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It is set in ‘95 which is the year Full Throttle was released.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved “Full Throttle” too. Great game. Hear we are getting a remastered version soon.

Congrats Kathy Rain on all the Aggies:

Excelling in everything from story to gameplay to top-notch production values, capped by a fabulous lead character we’d love to see more of in future, Kathy Rain isn’t just good for a first attempt, it’s a rare gem that deserves to stand proudly among the very best the genre has to offer.

I loved Kathy Rain for two reasons: The main character was amazing and the game was VERY creepy….. - that came out of nowhere…....

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top