• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 21 January 2017

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dracula Resurrection

This game begins seven years after the ending of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, in which the vampire was defeated.  Jonathan Harker returns home one day to discover that his wife, Mina, has left him.  In a letter, she tells him that she can no longer ignore her longing to return to Transylavania.  Of course, Jonathan follows her to Borgo Pass and learns that his nemesis has somehow returned.  Jonathan’s quest is to gain access to Dracula’s castle and rescue his wife before it is too late.

This was only the second horror game I had ever played, and the atmosphere was suitably spooky.  The character movements in the cut scenes were a bit awkward at times, but the dialogues were informative and not too long.  I enjoyed the exploration and the puzzles.  Unlike the sequel, The Last Sanctuary, there were no timed elements either.

The screenshot shows the cemetery where you must find a very important inventory item to continue your adventure.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I played this a long time ago. The copyright on the box says 2000, so it’s been a good fifteen years at least. The game, from Dreamcatcher, played on Win95/98 machines, so it is another game that would be unplayable (out of the box) on current PCs.

I remember another Dracula game that came that came out about the same time. It was voiced by Tim Curry. And that’s all I remember. It was a horrible game. Unless, of course, you are into over-the-top, high camp game design.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I saw a terrible review (if you could call it a review) of this game in a gaming magazine at the time & promptly went & bought it! I still have it on PS1 & liked it enough to buy the sequel!      Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top