• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How do you find those adventure game gems?

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

Hi there!

How do you generally spot that new adventure game gem? That one superb game you can’t wait to play?

Is it through forums like these? Or maybe (Youtube) reviewers. Or just regularly checking out new stuff on Steam / GoG / something?

Share your secret, please! :-D

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I generally read the forums here and the site’s reviews, and based on what everyone says about a game, I can assess how much I’m going to like a game. Certain members’ opinion here on the forums get more gravity in this, as I’ve gotten to know the regulars pretty well, and it’s pretty obvious which ones have a similar taste in games to me, and which ones don’t…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

For PC Adventures and casuals, I get most of my introductions via either Gameboomers or this forum. For my iPad, I like appunwrapper.com. (For some reason their site is down today)
Like TimovieMan, I know who has similar tastes to mine. Or even some one who is enough of a polar opposite that I look up games they dislike.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

first the perspective (i like 3rd Person) and the the control (i am not into Direct Control unless gems like KQ or DF)
then maybe the most important of all the screenshots, which can tell much about the game from previous (similar) experiences.
A trustworthy person/forum member or have the same taste, i mean, his opinion matters maybe than a full review for me.
Youtube gameplaying also come in handy…

but all those ways are for those totally unknown ones, cos mostly I prefer are Devs I trust I would buy their AGs blindly, or might have been on hype meter, or have read and liked it preview…etc

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

There are some gems you have to play as whole to figure the Gem out
Event0 and HerStory looked cool on paper but after playing they worked
Same for Papers,Please
Mostly youtube playthroughs and vids, there is ALOT of unseen hidden stuff in Steam basement i tell ya

Nobody here talking about ButterflySign and i came to know about it thanks to Youtube recommendation
Its a great Indie
Same for Neardeath, another amazing AG

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

Some good suggestions! Thanks for the info, peoples :-)

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

nomadsoul - 15 January 2017 09:05 AM

Nobody here talking about ButterflySign and i came to know about it thanks to Youtube recommendation
Its a great Indie
Same for Neardeath, another amazing AG

ButterflySign does look very promising and I’d never heard of it before - how about starting a new thread about it to share your enthusiasm?

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 14 January 2017 04:30 PM

I generally read the forums here and the site’s reviews, and based on what everyone says about a game, I can assess how much I’m going to like a game. Certain members’ opinion here on the forums get more gravity in this, as I’ve gotten to know the regulars pretty well, and it’s pretty obvious which ones have a similar taste in games to me, and which ones don’t…

I do it in the same way. I never watch YouTube movies about games because I don’t like to be spoiled with pictures of how it looks. I tend to avoid screen shots too. So I read reviews and the forums.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top