• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Gabriel Knight 3

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 18 January 2017 03:55 PM
Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 12:08 PM

By the way, did you manage to solve the side-mystery (the theft of the manuscript)? I’d missed a few clues (including some fingerprints) on my first run, even though I had figured out the whole thing.

I kind of solved it but maybe not in the right way because I also missed clues. Had the fingertprints but not the license plate for Buchelli’s bike. Although I saw Mosely leaving my room, Madeline leaving Mosely’s room and Buchelli leaving Madeline’s room. After that saw the orange bike near the orange rock so it was easy to peace it together in the confrontation scene

Actually, what was the point of getting the fingerprints for this?

Because you find the three culprits’ fingerprints on the manuscript’s plastic cover (after you dig it out), which allows you to prove that they did it if you can identify said fingerprints.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 04:02 PM
wilco - 18 January 2017 03:55 PM
Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 12:08 PM

By the way, did you manage to solve the side-mystery (the theft of the manuscript)? I’d missed a few clues (including some fingerprints) on my first run, even though I had figured out the whole thing.

I kind of solved it but maybe not in the right way because I also missed clues. Had the fingertprints but not the license plate for Buchelli’s bike. Although I saw Mosely leaving my room, Madeline leaving Mosely’s room and Buchelli leaving Madeline’s room. After that saw the orange bike near the orange rock so it was easy to peace it together in the confrontation scene

Actually, what was the point of getting the fingerprints for this?

Because you find the three culprits’ fingerprints on the manuscript’s plastic cover (after you dig it out), which allows you to prove that they did it if you can identify said fingerprints.

Ah, get it, so I missed it. I didn’t check the envelope for fingerprints…  Neutral It would probably trigger a different scene that way.

So all the fingertprints, license plates, crossing evidence in the computer was just for this…  Gasp The envelope didn’t even seem that important

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

(Not the envelope; the manuscript itself. Both Gabe and Grace comment on how the plastic cover is a fingerprint magnet.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 04:13 PM

(Not the envelope; the manuscript itself. Both Gabe and Grace comment on how the plastic cover is a fingerprint magnet.)

Yes, that’s it and it would make sense but after watching the other scenes in the rooms corridos I didn’t even think of going for the fingerprints.
Does seem like wasted potential for that part of the gameplay (although it was fun just gathering stuff).

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I got all the fingerprints mainly because I tried fingerprinting virtually everything I could.

I couldn’t understand how I didn’t get any prints off the glass until later in the game, but ended up using it to listen at peoples doors anyway.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 18 January 2017 04:31 PM

I got all the fingerprints mainly because I tried fingerprinting virtually everything I could.

I couldn’t understand how I didn’t get any prints off the glass until later in the game, but ended up using it to listen at peoples doors anyway.

Took me a bit to figure out the glass was for that. After I kept using it constantly for a while but all I got was showers or scribbling so I just gave up on it.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Does that actually work, by the way? (Listening at a door with a glass, I mean.) LB2 and GK3 have taught me that it’s supposed to, but is it real? I remember trying it out as a kid at home and finding the method completely ineffective.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 18 January 2017 04:35 PM

Took me a bit to figure out the glass was for that. After I kept using it constantly for a while but all I got was showers or scribbling so I just gave up on it.

There’s a bit after the tour group returns on day 2 (after they find the bodies) where there are several conversations you can listen to that way. It’s a frustrating bit, because it’s on a timer. (After 5 minutes or so, everyone goes back to normal and you’ve lost your chance to listen in on those conversations.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 04:37 PM
wilco - 18 January 2017 04:35 PM

There’s a bit after the tour group returns on day 2 (after they find the bodies) where there are several conversations you can listen to that way. It’s a frustrating bit, because it’s on a timer. (After 5 minutes or so, everyone goes back to normal and you’ve lost your chance to listen in on those conversations.)

No doubt I missed that, I think I went straight for investigating the body.
(I have no idea if the glass trick works, I doubt it)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The glass trick does work in making the sounds that are coming through the door more audible, but the effect isn’t big enough to really make the difference between “inaudible” and “clear”. At best, you’re making out a few more words, that’s it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Look what have i dug out while staying at my family’s the past few days, fter dusting off my long while closed childhood room.. the original 3CDs (within its holder) of GK3! ( found).. sadly no sign of the box, yet Smile

any collector interested in buying? Smile jUST KIDDIN

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 05 March 2017 07:10 PM

any collector interested in buying? Smile jUST KIDDIN

jUST KIDDINThumbs Up

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 06 March 2017 10:18 AM