• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Gabriel Knight 3

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I finished it.

905 points in the end.

Love the game, but those final puzzles are feking annoying. Esp when you complete the game, it crashes and you realise that the last time you saved was in the middle of the chessboard puzzle.  Pan  Pan

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

On morning of Day 3, partially solved Le Serpent Rouge, it’s different than I was expecting but who cares about that, Gabriel and Grace had sex!

Now watch it all be a dream

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 15 January 2017 03:58 PM

Love the game, but those final puzzles are feking annoying.

i never completed the last puzzle!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 16 January 2017 04:21 AM
Lucien21 - 15 January 2017 03:58 PM

Love the game, but those final puzzles are feking annoying.

i never completed the last puzzle!

Oh boy, what am I in for tonight…

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t remember the last puzzle being as hard as the GK2 finale. So if you handled that okay, you should be fine.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 16 January 2017 04:16 AM

On morning of Day 3, partially solved Le Serpent Rouge, it’s different than I was expecting but who cares about that, Gabriel and Grace had sex!

Were you so distracted by all the sex that you failed to notice the gigantic spoiler in that scene? Tongue (Good for you if so.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 16 January 2017 05:12 AM
wilco - 16 January 2017 04:16 AM

Were you so distracted by all the sex that you failed to notice the gigantic spoiler in that scene? Tongue (Good for you if so.)

I have no idea what you are talking about so I must have missed. All I remember is a man transforming into a unicorn, a typical dracula through the window scene, and Gabe pulling the old “Schattenjäger move” on Grace

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 16 January 2017 06:08 AM

I have no idea what you are talking about so I must have missed. All I remember is a man transforming into a unicorn, a typical dracula through the window scene, and Gabe pulling the old “Schattenjäger move” on Grace

There’s something in the scene that clearly reveals the identity of the vampire (and really shouldn’t; it’s not like the “vision” is trying to give Gabriel a hint). Ask again once you’ve finished the game if you’re curious.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I don’t remember the actual ending of the game. I just remember the revelation of Gabe and Grace, and the fact that I needed a saved game from a fellow gamer for the pendulum action sequence.
I also though the next game was going to be a great continuation to the story, and went looking for the accompanying book (like the first 2 games). Still waiting to find out what happens next.

Total Posts: 509

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

The arcade style gameplay towards the end was a bad design choice to begin with, but even worse IMO is that the clues to the puzzles and arcade stuff is often non-existent. And those cryptic messages from Grace at a time Gabriel’s life is in grave danger… I always complete the sequence beginning with the chess “puzzle” with the official strategy guide beside me. What WERE they thinking!?

The end sequence in GK2 was much better. The solution had logic to it and it was easy to understand what needed to be done, albeit not necessarlly easy to excecute it.Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think I’m approaching the end, day 3 is taking longer than I expected.
I kind of wish the game was just playing as Grace solving Le Sepent Rouge at this point, that’s a lot of fun. Every time it switches to Gabriel it feels like it’s just about exploring the multiple places to see what’s diferent and who to talk or going pixel-hunting.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And I finished it now, last part was not so bad.
I think it’s a good game but I have some mixed feelings about some stuff so I’ll just do the posivites/negatives view:

Positive:
- Story - starts slow and confusing with all the different groups but by gets better and better and it’s great how it all fits in the end. Also gets pretty epic, I mean Jesus was a superhero and the vampires are the nemesis created by his blood?King of Scotland is his descedant and could be the King of the World?.

- Grace parts - Namely Le Serpent Rouge, doesn’t need much introduction but it’s an epic puzzle. Main problem with it was the anagram that I thought was unfair.

- Open-worldness - I like the ability to explore and the time stamps with characters having their routines. Getting to know know and spying them was good, just the implementation was not very good.

-Dislogue that involved Grace, Gabriel and Mosely. Also the twist about Mosely being CIA loool, and Madeline and the italian also being secret services

Negative:
- Plays terrible and looks worse.
- Gabriel characterization and some stereotypes
- Schedules and time periods is a good idea but it should have a system that helps the player know what he has to do and not just going around hoping to stumble into something, that made lose motivation sometime and felt like a chore.
- Mosely should grow a moustache at least…

Great game and that would benefit a lot from a remake, specially compared to the other 2 games in the series.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 16 January 2017 06:34 AM

There’s something in the scene that clearly reveals the identity of the vampire (and really shouldn’t; it’s not like the “vision” is trying to give Gabriel a hint). Ask again once you’ve finished the game if you’re curious.

What was it? Although I don’t think the identity of the vampire was a big twist specially after the scene with Grace in cellar

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 18 January 2017 11:04 AM
Kurufinwe - 16 January 2017 06:34 AM

What was it? Although I don’t think the identity of the vampire was a big twist specially after the scene with Grace in cellar

Just rewatch the scene and pay attention to the music (especially the brass). Remind you of something?

By the way, did you manage to solve the side-mystery (the theft of the manuscript)? I’d missed a few clues (including some fingerprints) on my first run, even though I had figured out the whole thing.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 12:08 PM

Just rewatch the scene and pay attention to the music (especially the brass). Remind you of something?

I see it now (but probably would never notice it).

Kurufinwe - 18 January 2017 12:08 PM

By the way, did you manage to solve the side-mystery (the theft of the manuscript)? I’d missed a few clues (including some fingerprints) on my first run, even though I had figured out the whole thing.

I kind of solved it but maybe not in the right way because I also missed clues. Had the fingertprints but not the license plate for Buchelli’s bike. Although I saw Mosely leaving my room, Madeline leaving Mosely’s room and Buchelli leaving Madeline’s room. After that saw the orange bike near the orange rock so it was easy to peace it together in the confrontation scene

Actually, what was the point of getting the fingerprints for this?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top