• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Gabriel Knight 3

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 10 January 2017 07:14 PM

Accents are all bad, is it me Tim Curry sounds worse than 1?

Oh no, that’s definitely not you. Tim Curry is terrible in GK3.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

As this is the only GK game I haven’t played yet, I wanted to join but knowing wilco’s tempo, and knowing MY tempo, I’d still be setting options in the main menu by the time he is finished.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2017 07:21 PM

That’s what I was thinking, sounds like a sleaze sometimes

diego - 10 January 2017 07:28 PM

As this is the only GK game I haven’t played yet, I
wanted to join but knowing wilco’s tempo, and knowing MY tempo, I’d still be setting options in the main menu by the time he is finished.

I’m rushing, you’re dragging, we need someone to set the TEMPO!

Day one took quite a while, game is shaping up to be enormous

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well… Gabriel is a sleaze, a bully and a thief, so I actually prefer Tim Curry’s interpretation of the character. And the dialogue is ridiculous at times, so a comic approach works better than a serious one.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Was checking the walkthrough for day 1 and there’s some stuff I didn’t do, are there dead ends on this game or is it for maximum points?

There’s a side-mystery that you can fail to solve if you didn’t find the right clues earlier (though that’s mostly on days 2 and 3), but that won’t prevent you from finishing the game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 11 January 2017 04:30 AM

Was checking the walkthrough for day 1 and there’s some stuff I didn’t do, are there dead ends on this game or is it for maximum points?

There’s a side-mystery that you can fail to solve if you didn’t find the right clues earlier (though that’s mostly on days 2 and 3), but that won’t prevent you from finishing the game.

Is the side-mystery finding the treasure or anything big? Might go back if it’s worth it, don’t think I missed that much and just at the last period of time.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 10 January 2017 08:29 PM

Well… Gabriel is a sleaze, a bully and a thief, so I actually prefer Tim Curry’s interpretation of the character. And the dialogue is ridiculous at times, so a comic approach works better than a serious one.

But this version of Tim Curry?

I find it weird that he is always making fun of the australian guy while being the same.
I also find weird why the game is always making fun of french food, am I missing something? French food is great.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 11 January 2017 04:34 PM

Is the side-mystery finding the treasure or anything big? Might go back if it’s worth it, don’t think I missed that much and just at the last period of time.

No, nothing like that. It involves the characters who are not relevant to the main mystery (the kidnapping, the treasure, etc.), and has no impact on the main story or the ending.

You’ll probably figure out what happened in this side-mystery anyway, you might just be unable to prove it and rub it into the culprit(s)‘s face(s) if you failed to collect the right evidence.

And once again, I’m pretty sure you can’t miss anything essential for that side-mystery on day 1, since you don’t have Grace’s SIDNEY thingie yet. So don’t worry.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 11 January 2017 05:53 PM
wilco - 11 January 2017 04:34 PM

No, nothing like that. It involves the characters who are not relevant to the main mystery (the kidnapping, the treasure, etc.), and has no impact on the main story or the ending.

You’ll probably figure out what happened in this side-mystery anyway, you might just be unable to prove it and rub it into the culprit(s)‘s face(s) if you failed to collect the right evidence.

And once again, I’m pretty sure you can’t miss anything essential for that side-mystery on day 1, since you don’t have Grace’s SIDNEY thingie yet. So don’t worry.

Good to know, I’ll carry on then.
I played day 2 for a bit, the SIDNEY system is way more deeper than I thought it was. Searching terms seems very deep along with a fingerprint analysis and fake ID creator seem like it might bring some good puzzles.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

I’ve just started after finishing Jane Jenson’s Moebius. The controls and graphics are definitely taking some getting used to and the voice acting doesn’t seem as good as the other 2.

Karlok - 10 January 2017 07:21 PM

Wow thought it was a different voice actor. Speaks very slowly, with much thicker southern drawl if I’m not mistaken, which I maybe being an Englishman.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Supplementman - 12 January 2017 04:20 PM

I’ve just started after finishing Jane Jenson’s Moebius. The controls and graphics are definitely taking some getting used to and the voice acting doesn’t seem as good as the other 2.

The way the controls work better for me is only using the mouse to move around and click on things. Keyboard only to change the angle a bit. Forget about the character and where he is and just roam around.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 12 January 2017 05:22 PM

The way the controls work better for me is only using the mouse to move around and click on things. Keyboard only to change the angle a bit. Forget about the character and where he is and just roam around.

That’s definitely the way to do it. Pro-tip: If you click to make Gabriel interact with a hotspot while the camera is facing away from him, he just materializes behind the camera instantly. Makes moving around extremely efficient, even in “bigger” (by 1999 standards) locations.

Total Posts: 510

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

GK3 is together with Riven my favourite game. Must have played it five or six times. Only the moustache puzzle and the end sequence are bad, but the rest is perfection imo. The last time I eventually got it to work perfectly with W7 64 bit in hardware mode but can’t remember exactly how. I remeber doing some editing in a config file at least.

Anyway, if you haven’t discovered it already, the esc key is your friend. It immediately takes you to the spot you have clicked on. Quickly became a natural and necessary part of the interface for me.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m on day 2, at the part Grace is exploring house of Montreaux (some baby crying). Day 2 has more exjoyable, the tour with all the interactions with the group (Grace has found a new nemesis woman to complain about?) and the sequence that Gabriel had to check all the rooms from the guests was pretty good.

One complain I have is that dialogues usually end in an abrupt way, kind of feels unnatural with stuff to be said and incomplete.

Kurufinwe - 12 January 2017 05:42 PM

That’s definitely the way to do it. Pro-tip: If you click to make Gabriel interact with a hotspot while the camera is facing away from him, he just materializes behind the camera instantly. Makes moving around extremely efficient, even in “bigger” (by 1999 standards) locations.

Veovis - 14 January 2017 05:56 AM

Anyway, if you haven’t discovered it already, the esc key is your friend. It immediately takes you to the spot you have clicked on. Quickly became a natural and necessary part of the interface for me.

Good tips, help a lot saving time.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I got Le Serpent Rouge envelope. Not sure if I have to solve it already.

DaVinci Code happening now. Best moments so far are the dialogues between Gabriel, Grace and Mosely. The Montreaux stuff is also pretty intriguing.
Gabriel is extremely unlikable in this game, seems like a lot of effort is put in him being an asshole compared to the other games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top