• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Gabriel Knight 3

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Supplementman - 08 January 2017 04:09 PM

I’m hoping it works on Win 7 32 bit.  If not I’ll give it a go on an older laptop I have, which I think is XP

What OS are you guys having problems with?

Win-10 64bit Nvidia graphics card

O/T I’m playing another Jane Jensen game, Moebius at the moment. It seemed to get a harsh reception largely down to it’s ridiculous plot but I don’t really see how GK1 and GK2 were any more plausible or less painful B movies. But the level of detail and characterisation makes all of them immersive experiences.

Is she done with gaming now? I read she’d gone back to writing. A pity if so.

Seems so, unless some funding for new games show up. But at least you can read a lot of Eli Easton books, “Merry Christmas, Mr Miggles” out now Smile

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

wilco - 08 January 2017 04:41 PM

I’m hoping it works on Win 7 32 bit.  If not I’ll give it a go on an older laptop I have, which I think is XP

What OS are you guys having problems with?

Win-10 64bit Nvidia graphics card

O/T I’m playing another Jane Jensen game, Moebius at the moment. It seemed to get a harsh reception largely down to it’s ridiculous plot but I don’t really see how GK1 and GK2 were any more plausible or less painful B movies. But the level of detail and characterisation makes all of them immersive experiences.

Is she done with gaming now? I read she’d gone back to writing. A pity if so.

Seems so, unless some funding for new games show up. But at least you can read a lot of Eli Easton books, “Merry Christmas, Mr Miggles” out now Smile

From what I can gather than OS has issues going for 32bit to 64bit. We’ve had issues with quite a few bit of older software on 64bit OS systems. So there is some hope I don’t have to resort to a plodding laptop…

As for a JJ book, without the interractivity I really doubt I could stomach it but good luck to her.

EDIT looks like shes wrote a ton of books the last couple of years.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One of my favorite adventure games. Love this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, dgVoodoo also seems to be working well for me. Was having a ton of crashes at the church until I set it up and didn’t any more.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I seem to be having some success by just changing the graphics to software rather than use my card.

So I’ve now passed the imfamous cat puzzle and have the motorbike to explore the area. it’s now 6pm.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t get it, can’t get out of 10am, I’ve looked around everywhere. Went to the walkthrough and don’t see what I’m missing
Is something supposed to happen?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What have you done?

Used the phone
read the books in the bookshop window
talked to everyone

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 09 January 2017 03:10 PM

What have you done?

Used the phone
read the books in the bookshop window
talked to everyone

effing hell Angry

I had clicked the english book cover but not the french book cover! despite being next to each other only the french activates the line of dialogue with the museum woman!!!!
Marvelous game design!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Felt like I just played a small step in adventure game history, just did the cat hair puzzle. thanks Old Man Murray for spoiling it… really, thanks, because it deserves all it’s reputation.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I think back in the day I got to the part I had a mustache but couldn’t for the life of me figure out why I’d need one until I got to the click-everything-on-everything stage and then it “clicked”. As a result, I probably enjoy the jokes at this puzzle’s expense more than others.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 09 January 2017 06:12 PM

Felt like I just played a small step in adventure game history, just did the cat hair puzzle. thanks Old Man Murray for spoiling it… really, thanks, because it deserves all it’s reputation.

i am glad you enjoying its design, wilco, but beware it will get boring around that last 1/3 of the game Tongue.. anyways i didn’t drop here to say this, i am just late for this go, so i will keep my stamina for the next rounds.. you know Jane was never fav designer.  Wink

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Man, I forgot how bad the Scottish Accents are in this game.

Onto Day 2.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Lucien21 - 10 January 2017 04:44 PM

Man, I forgot how bad the Scottish Accents are in this game.

They can’t be as bad as the French accents. (Or anything France-related, really.)

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 10 January 2017 05:32 PM

They can’t be as bad as the French accents. (Or anything France-related, really.)

You should play Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express if you want to hear bad French accents. Cool I didn’t know there were four ways to pronounce one French name…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Accents are all bad, is it me Tim Curry sounds worse than 1?
Also finished day 1, Grace is finally here! game also got a lot more interesting after that stupid puzzle. Treasure hunt, mysterious characters, secret orders, cool handshakes.
Also got used to the interface, so things go more smoothly and fast.
Not got used to how the game looks but I just close my eyes and imagine curves…

Was checking the walkthrough for day 1 and there’s some stuff I didn’t do, are there dead ends on this game or is it for maximum points?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top