• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLindashanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

First-Post Quiz: Playable Female Characters

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Thanks Karlok - that was an interesting theme and a fun quiz!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks Karlok—I especially enjoyed the theme—and congrats to DarkEye and Phlebas!

This quiz really had me hopping. I, um, flubbed the heroine’s name for Oxenfree—was posting without double-checking to get it in fast. Then I realized after I’d posted that it was Alex not Alice. Didn’t know if it was within the rules to do a quick edit.  Laughing

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Becky - 09 January 2017 12:01 PM

Thanks Karlok—I especially enjoyed the theme—and congrats to DarkEye and Phlebas!

Thank you Becky, but all the glory goes to Karlok, for presenting rounds at the same time every day.

This quiz really had me hopping. I, um, flubbed the heroine’s name for Oxenfree—was posting without double-checking to get it in fast. Then I realized after I’d posted that it was Alex not Alice. Didn’t know if it was within the rules to do a quick edit.  Laughing

I have noticed this, Becky. I was sure than that I made a mistake when writing down her name. Laughing

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Karlok - 08 January 2017 10:00 PM

Before 2000 it was just one or two a year, with the exception of 1995 (6) and 1997 (11).

PS: Another interesting fact. IMO. Smile At least 30 of the 100 different adventures in the quiz have a male protagonist as well, like Broken Sword, Maniac Mansion, Gray Matter. The same goes for my avatars: 14 out of 38 games.

That’s quite interesting and it would tend to disprove my theory of the influence from Roberta Williams and Jane Jensen. Although Roberta Williams did contribute quite a few female protagonists.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sierra as a whole had a few female protagonists. Just a few is still better than nothing. Grace (Jane), Laura, Rosella, Valanice, Adrienne (Roberta), Patti (Al Lowe), Doralice (developed by Coktel) and Pepper (some guy whose name I forgot). Compare that with the number of male protagonists…

EDIT: The rest of my posts are all gone because DarkEye wanted his posts and mine deleted. I now regret I made this quiz when DarkEye asked me to. 

EDIT2: I put the quiz back at Timovieman’s request.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2017 08:03 AM

EDIT: The rest of my posts are all gone because DarkEye wanted his posts and mine deleted. I now regret I made this quiz when DarkEye asked me to.

WTF? Why???

He wanted everything after his quiz-post (which was originally reply #112, iirc) gone, which I did (as he started a new thread with the same content).
There was no reason for the original quiz to be deleted too…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This was an excellent quiz, Karlok.  I’m sorry I couldn’t participate more, but I left for my London trip on Jan. 4.  (I would have had 45 right if my hastily written 5 didn’t look like a 3.)  Meh

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for restoring the quiz, Karlok! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top