• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017/2018 Sierra roulette playthrough

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

BitingWit - 27 April 2017 03:39 PM

*Dun da daaaaa daaaaa daaaaa da da da dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!*

Did anyone else feel the magic user kind of got a raw deal in QfG? The fighter and rogue both had cool names and sounded like they actually were competent at something, but magic user?

“Back off man…. i’m a magic user!
“Lol! I’m shaking in my boots here! Did you bring your cape and eye shadow?”
“Hey.. it’s a serious profession! You can’t just pick up magic usering, it takes years of training and preparation!”
“Rofl! Don’t tell me you have one of those guild thingies too?”
“Well… yeah. Yeah we do. What of it”
“Lmao! Well you could have joined a good one. You know, like your fighter and thief friends who are each learning meaningful skills right now while you’re waving your magic wand about”
“Grr… ” :shut:

But I chose magic user :-S

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Choosing A magic user is the deal Wilco..
You will have a long path but a least you will able get advantage of places and characters that are unlikely usable to me (thief) or other fighter.

Good luck.. keep us posted.. I know you will Really enjoy this.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

It’s also possible to play a thief with points in Magic. It’s kind of fun because you get to do both the thief’s and magic user’s quest

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I usually play as a thief because I don’t like not having access to locked rooms or not being able to climb over walls.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Fighter probably is the dullest character to play the game as, but I guess he might have been meant to be the “easy” mode of the game, as his puzzle solutions are the most straightforward.

I do agree, that playing as a magic using thief is the way to go, as that allows you to do a lot of things on one get go. You might not get full points, but you have a lot of options.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I disagree; I hate multiclass characters in QfG. They just make you miss the more clever puzzles by using skills from another class. In particular, thieves are a lot more fun when you have to improvise with what you have than when you can use spells to open doors / levitate / burninate stuff. I strongly recommend against playing a multiclass character, especially the first time around.

Now, what class to pick?

Fighters are boring and have almost no class-specific content. They only get interesting if you become a paladin, and even then only in QfG4 and 5 (paladins have some really great content in those two games, though). However, that makes it the less overwhelming class for a beginner, which might not be a bad thing (as I said earlier, QfG does very little hand-holding).

Magic user has always been my favourite class (in QfG as in other RPGs). There’s always some extra content, as you need to solve puzzles to get most spells, and using magic often makes for some very creative alternate solutions to puzzles. And you can quickly get pretty good in fights.

Thieves generally have the most extra content, with places to break into that you can’t access with the other classes (except in QfG3, where thieves have basically nothing to do), and they’re probably the most adventure-y, since they’re bad at combat. It’s a bit of a double-edged sword: the class-specific content is the best, but the common content tends to be the least fun when playing a thief (because all the sneaking and running away is tedious).

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

i thought you could just spam the skill you wanted to max, like for thief try climing the wall 100 times and you got better at it, so multiclassing is ok

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Way do o go kuru nice summary.. but I kinda disagree a least for the first.. magic user has around three or four great puzzles or tasks that others do not get to do… plus the thief breakin into different places is not that fun after you collected the money you needed.. it gets so dull… just an illusion of having more rooms to visit.

cyfoyjvx - 28 April 2017 06:47 AM

i thought you could just spam the skill you wanted to max, like for thief try climing the wall 100 times and you got better at it, so multiclassing is ok

You can’t spam the fights tho.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So Urban Runner, being a FMV game it shares the problems of other games in the genre - short, bad production values, terreble acting, an all-around feeling of a bunch of friends filming an amateur movie in the streets of the city and story made little sense.

However I had some fun playing it mostrly because it was fast-paced - the gameplay parts consisted a scene with a few rooms where the player has to solve a couple of puzzles (a lot timed) and after jump to the next scene. Puzzles where pretty easy and that made the timed sequences not frustrating. Has a couple of good parts like a sequence where the player controls 2 characters where 1 has to buy time for the other brake into a house. Also has a B-movie feeling with the over the top plot and acting, that can be amusing.

On to advence in Quest For Glory to join the talk.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A thread Wilco, if any game needs it, it is QfG… Ahh, i always liked Hero’s Quest title more.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 28 April 2017 02:26 PM

A thread Wilco, if any game needs it, it is QfG… Ahh, i always liked Hero’s Quest title more.

It’s up now!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

since you started this thread Wilco, and hell broke loose… here an interview with Christy Marx on GOG/facebook
https://www.facebook.com/notes/gogcom/interview-the-creator-of-the-conquests-adventures-on-what-made-them-special/10158819728075314/

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 06 May 2017 10:47 PM

since you started this thread Wilco, and hell broke loose… here an interview with Christy Marx on GOG/facebook
https://www.facebook.com/notes/gogcom/interview-the-creator-of-the-conquests-adventures-on-what-made-them-special/10158819728075314/

I’ve read that on gog, an adventure game about greek mythology, that would have been cool

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

wilco - 07 May 2017 04:54 AM

I’ve read that on gog, an adventure game about greek mythology, that would have been cool

Wasn’t that QFGV?  Laughing

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

cyfoyjvx - 07 May 2017 04:59 AM
wilco - 07 May 2017 04:54 AM

Wasn’t that QFGV?  Laughing

That’s good! didn’t know that, still lost in part 1

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top