Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

A NEAR DAWN = [Thriller] [Mystery] [Psychological] ~ TRAILER UP!

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Mini Update:

Our composer is doing a great job putting some tracks together for the game.
Our BG artist is doing a great job on backgrounds (my original on the left, and the new one on the right):

And hopefully I’ve been doing a good job working on art for the opening.  :)

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERPUT A SOCK IN IT!A NEAR DAWNGHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

Looking good, man.

I’m wondering though how you will combine the art styles.
The background artwork looks quite different than the character artwork. I’m looking forward to an ingame screenshot (although i understand that will take a little while still Smile )

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Bitano - 15 March 2017 06:39 PM

Looking good, man.

I’m wondering though how you will combine the art styles.
The background artwork looks quite different than the character artwork. I’m looking forward to an ingame screenshot (although i understand that will take a little while still :) )

Thanks Bitano!
Well, in my mind it just sort of comes together.  :)
But yeah, it will be a little while before I’m ready to start combining all of the elements for the build.

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERPUT A SOCK IN IT!A NEAR DAWNGHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

The backgrounds do look different from the figures - but I think the overall style fits, it’s more the level of detail that’s different. We’ll have to see how they actually look together, but it could work like a ligne claire drawing style - having bold characters and more realistic backgrounds worked fine for Tintin!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Phlebas - 17 March 2017 06:11 AM

The backgrounds do look different from the figures - but I think the overall style fits, it’s more the level of detail that’s different. We’ll have to see how they actually look together, but it could work like a ligne claire drawing style - having bold characters and more realistic backgrounds worked fine for Tintin!

Oh yeah, the BGs will have character art that matches them more so they can fit in the space, but if you are speaking to a character then you will get more of a close up on them with the thicker outlines.  :)

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

TimovieMan - 19 February 2017 05:23 AM

Too close a resemblance to Phoenix Wright, if you ask me. Especially if he’s a defense attorney as well…

Agreed that maybe the characters share a wardrobe, but I actually love the Phoenix Wright inspiration. It’s been too long since I’ve played one of those and would be itching to try another. Good luck guys!

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8355229

Sorry, couldn’t resist Smile

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »