• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I can honestly say Life is Strange is the best adventure game since The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Soulreaver was masterclass in timetravel story
And Shadow of Destiny did great as AG with multiple endings with more real randomness
than cutscene rewinding which was as offensive as QTEs.
Basically keep rewinding and changing scene like Rememberme till you drop paint on someone.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

markornikov - 06 December 2016 06:10 AM
Iznogood - 06 December 2016 01:54 AM

The ending was pretty bad though Shifty Eyed

The whole last episode was pretty bad.

Life is Strange started off very well with the first episodes, but the last 2 were a bit too ‘strange’  Meh

The ending not being great was fine (I personally found the choice of letting a whole population of people, including good friends die in order to save one good friend psychopathic, then again some people chose it, but anyway, most of the rest of the episode was refreshing our memory). The third episode was monumental though, it could easily stand as a quality blockbuster movie in storytelling with only some touches in character depth or detail. The fourth and first and the second were all great, and the fifth wasn’t bad and to be honest it almost felt good that it wasn’t amazing because it meant they already made the most they could out of the story.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

diego - 05 December 2016 12:26 PM
thinker - 05 December 2016 09:23 AM

I can honestly say Life is Strange is the best adventure game since The Longest Journey

Well, at least you returned to adventure gaming after 15 years. Smile

I play every single adventure game that is rated well by this site and metacritic as soon as I can. I play adventure games since I don’t want to admit when. I’m not kidding when I say this is a great game when is put side by side with the giants of the genre and only a handful I would find clearly better (e.g. The Longest Journey or the Gabriel Knights) at least for their era .

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

My avatar approves this thread.

I love this game <3, maybe the story itself does not break any standard, but its narrative, its gameplay, how it involves the player in each step of the stretch of the story to become an emotional journey is something I had not experienced in a long time.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s really good. The narrative feels more personalised to your choices than Telltale but the final episode is underwhelming. It wraps up the cliffhanger from ep 4 far too conveniently and the ending is essentially an out-of-the-blue binary decision with some custom dialogue and actions based on previous choices.

No one has really gotten this episodic choose-your-own-adventure thing perfect just yet but Life is Strange is certainly a more attractive stepping stone to something greater.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Overall, I enjoyed this game. However, I do agree that the ending was weak. The game started out very strong however.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It’s just me or Max looks like a young Milla Jovovich?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top