• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I can honestly say Life is Strange is the best adventure game since The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

I’m truly impressed. It’s full of excellent story turns, gameplay and execution. It’s progressively better and just good without being either too much or too little.

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I’m not sure if I would consider Life is Strange as an adventure game.

But definitely it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. Max and Chloe will stay in my memory and in my heart forever, as “Obstacles” by Syd Matters plays in my head…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im not sure what you would call it if not adventure Tongue
It is an example of a modern adventure that makes an appeal to mainstream gamers by leaning towards being cinematic. But unlike other games, life is strange preserves strong exploration and gameplay. It really is pretty fantastic.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zane - 05 December 2016 10:36 AM

It is an example of a modern adventure that makes an appeal to mainstream gamers by leaning towards being cinematic.

i am a mainstream guy, but yet not gonna play it.
but anyways life is too overrated

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I agree, it is really good adventure game. It managed to find perfect middle path between cinematic, gameplay and exploration elements. And there was even some nice little puzzles to solve. Best adventure game from 2015.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

thinker - 05 December 2016 09:23 AM

I can honestly say Life is Strange is the best adventure game since The Longest Journey

Well, at least you returned to adventure gaming after 15 years. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Dontnod is one of the more interesting companies around at the moment, even their previous game, Remember Me, was a nice experience despite its flaws. That one had pretty interesting puzzles revolving mind manipulation despite most of the game was pretty straight forwarded brawler. The combo system was pretty interesting as well, despite a lot of people seemed to be turned off by it.

It’ll be interesting to see what their upcoming Vampyr will be like. That one is pegged as action/RPG, so I do know some people around here won’t like it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 05 December 2016 12:30 PM

Dontnod is one of the more interesting companies around at the moment, even their previous game, Remember Me, was a nice experience despite its flaws. That one had pretty interesting puzzles revolving mind manipulation despite most of the game was pretty straight forwarded brawler. The combo system was pretty interesting as well, despite a lot of people seemed to be turned off by it.

It’ll be interesting to see what their upcoming Vampyr will be like. That one is pegged as action/RPG, so I do know some people around here won’t like it.

I agree, Remember Me was an interesting flawed game. The fact that they are following the success of Life is Strange with a completely different game is pretty cool, shows they are interested in telling different kinds od stories.
I do think they’ll get back to Life is Strange or something like that after. And I hope they do because I agree with the OP, it’s a great game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Writing and Characters were too poor to be best AG

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 05 December 2016 10:39 AM

I endorse you to play.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 05 December 2016 03:35 PM
Advie - 05 December 2016 10:39 AM

I endorse you to play.

endorsement appreciated

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Suffer like the rest of us haha

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah, LiS is an excellent Adventure Game - though calling it the best since TLJ is an exaggeration Wink

I didn’t play it when originally released but picked it up recently at a sale, and I was surprised not only at how good it was, but also at how much of a traditional AG it actually is. I had expected it to be more or less similar to what Telltale makes, so imagine my surprise when I learned that it is actually a thoroughbred AG with a lot of focus on exploration and puzzles solving, apart from the choice driven narrative of course (and not a QTE in sight). A bit too easy for my personal taste and a bit too focused on being cinematic, but I guess that is necessary if you want to appeal to a wider audience these days. 

The ending was pretty bad though Shifty Eyed

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

Iznogood - 06 December 2016 01:54 AM

The ending was pretty bad though Shifty Eyed

The whole last episode was pretty bad.

Life is Strange started off very well with the first episodes, but the last 2 were a bit too ‘strange’  Meh

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That’s the common problem with any time travel story. It’s pretty simple to create cool things that happen because of it, but how to end one is the hard thing to do.

Mind you, I thought LiS managed to pull it off pretty well, albeit in very predictable manner.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thousands of books, films and games manages to pull off a time travel story without similar problems at the end. In fact I recently saw the film ARQ which revolves around a similar concept of rewinding time, and it had a perfectly fine ending - though you could argue that it was a none ending end Wink

Anyway the problem with the ending of LiS is not so much because of the time travel, but more because of the supernatural elements and religious overtones imo.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top