• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Phantasmagoria Playthrough

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jabod - 01 December 2016 09:40 AM
wilco - 01 December 2016 09:21 AM

Found my original copy of the game with the 7 cds, cover is cracked but the rest is in pretty ok condition. I wonder why the game is in 7 cds, chapters are pretty small and don’t seem that packed with content and videos. To be 1 cd per/chapter?

I think they did it like that to save disc swapping Wilco. Also, back then, it was used for advertising purposes. How often did we see “comes on X CDs!”

Looking at the Black Dahlia cover with the “8 Cd Rom Extravanganza” sticker that seems right, like it’s some kind of competition!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Finishedddd… never have been such a badly designed chapter like Chapter VII, that is at the same time so entertaining. (deleting user if you die? Really? What were you thinking Roberta?!!). More thoughts lately.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I apologize for not finishing the playthrough.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 04 December 2016 11:20 AM

I’m really disappointed about that as I was looking forward to your thoughts on the next chapters!

diego - 01 December 2016 11:45 AM

Finishedddd… never have been such a badly designed chapter like Chapter VII, that is at the same time so entertaining. (deleting user if you die?)

Yes, that was infuriating!!!!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 04 December 2016 11:20 AM

Maybe later? Hope you get to finish it.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

How are you guys enjoying it? I got in the recent Sieira humblebundle but have never played it. I really liked Gabriel Knight 2 though.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Such an interesting room, and you can’t explore it fully. Frown The rare sight of a full room from another angle.

I don’t wanna open that box. Do I win the game?!

What a pleasant lady!

Harriet knows it’s time for Christmas hatsies!!

Val Kilmer in Phantasmagoria.

And here is Bruce Dickinson.

Only one out of 3 scenes where Adrienne is not in an orange sweater.

Reminds me of a secret attic in Jane Eyre. I can hear Don: “Whatever you do, do NOT go in there!!!”

Don is right! You WERE flirting!!!

Other that she just witnessed a vision of a woman being brutally murdered by a trowel, it’s a lovely idyllic scene! (Also, I missed 2 of a visions this time around Shifty Eyed )

I wish there were close-ups of those paintings!

Adrienne is beautiful and she can act! Take that, haters!

Reminiscent of the dressing room in GK2 opera house.

This one is similar to the GK2 dungeon view through bars.

At the end of the day, orange sweater and your mama’s pants survive everything!

Yeah… what a better way to finish a horror movie than with a cheesy “80s” pop song!

Soooo…. my two biggest impressions are: The game is easier than what I remember (probably due to the fact that I already had idea what will happen throughout the game), and second - it’s FUN! I thought I will laugh throughout the game (it was campy already for 1995), but I was glued to the chair, I was even scared, I cared for the characters and was saddened by their destiny. All that in a “kitschy” horror tale?! Yeah, bring it on everyday, baby! Now let’s do Phantasmagoria 2, Karlok!!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Day 6

What’s new…  Foot in mouth

- Are you allright, honey?
- Yeah, just hit the whiskey a little too hard last night, that’s all.
- Don, let’s leave! Please! We’ve got to get out of here. Look at what this place is doing to you.
- Leave? LEAVE? This is our home, Adrienne. We can never leave this place.

She still calls him “honey” after all the things he said and did. She’s pleading with him and still trying to take care of her man. The traditional female role.

Adrienne! It’s time you realized Don’s turned into a monster. He smashed your laptop. He killed your cat. He threatens to hang Harriet and Cyprus from the rafters. LEAVE!

Got to hand it to you, Adrienne, you’re not squeamish. I wouldn’t touch a corpse like that with a ten mile pole, but you don’t bat an eyelid.

Why didn’t Carno kill his adopted child Malcolm? He had no qualms killing his two-year old daughter. Why didn’t Marie and Gaston run away when Carno was in hospital? They must have known he wasn’t dead! Why did Malcolm hide Carno’s body, why let people think Gaston’s body was Carno’s? Why not tell somebody what had happened? 

The plot is falling apart. Loads of rubbish.

A seriously injured man who has been in a coma for two weeks overpowering a man who didn’t hear a secret door opening right behind him… more nonsense.

You call me if you have any trouble.

Poor Mike’s last words. Most of the 1995 horror stuff leaves me cold in 2016, but this really gets to me.

Bad acting. Not just over the top. I agree with Diego that the Adrienne actress is quite good most of the time, but Don…  Thumbs Up

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 09 December 2016 03:24 PM

Bad acting. Not just over the top. I agree with Diego that the Adrienne actress is quite good most of the time, but Don…  Thumbs Up

He must have taken acting lessons from ther Grace Nakamura GK2 school of overacting!

I didn’t try to use the “Zoltan machine” in last day, is it possible?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 10 December 2016 07:39 AM

I didn’t try to use the “Zoltan machine” in last day, is it possible?

No! I tried!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top