• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Phantasmagoria Playthrough

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Spaz is short for spastic.  It’s a slang term used for someone who repeatedly drops things or knocks them over, as in “Oops!  Sorry about that vase.  I’m such a spaz!”  Since it’s not very complementary to those with cerebral palsy, you rarely hear it used anymore.  Nowadays we use klutz instead.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Chapter 2 and 3 complete, these really are small.
Spaz is the best actor in the game

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m still struggling to complete Chapter 1 - I’ve played for a few hours - it’s very slow which I don’t mind but I still haven’t found ‘the hook’ which I need to make me want to keep playing!

EDIT: (I was interrupted by a phone-call before ending my post) - I am intending to continue as I’m enjoying exploring the different environments but I need a reason!!!!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the hook is in the drawer!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ah that is a joke btw, i guess no one would guess it, so i will save the trouble anyways Laughing

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hook? Can’t remember any hook

Done with chapters 4 and 5. Hope you are still playing this Karlok, don’t want to suffer play alone.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry, I ran into a time-consuming RL problem. Tonight.
Yes, I will suffer with you, wilco. Chapter 1 was very disappointing for me.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Can we play Time Paradox instead? More interesting from a feminist perspective, perhaps. Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 23 November 2016 08:48 AM

Hook? Can’t remember any hook

Done with chapters 4 and 5. Hope you are still playing this Karlok, don’t want to suffer play alone.

i remember that hook vaguely, it seems now like one of these hooker(y) hooks that can be easily unhooked if only you weren’t hooked with its hooky hookery hook up from your left-big-toe tip all the way up (or down)>... or just thru your third leg, but that could be very unfortunate

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you all for your kind & helpful comments but EUREKA! I found that hook & am now just starting Chapter 3 so no need for anyone to play alone!  Laughing

I’d just missed a couple of things & discovered that I could look at my inventory items - I really should read instructions 1st! - & I’m not finding the acting that bad or unbelievable….. just yet! I’ve also got my head around of where the current locations are! 

So far the behaviour of husband Don in Chapter 2 I didn’t find too different from that of a guy with a serious cocaine or alcohol problem! (But obviously neither of those addictions are to blame!)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Can someone tell me what were they thinking with an option to choose the chapter right from the beginning?!! Madness!!

In other news, Don already looks possessed:

If I were Adrienne, I’d run as far as I can straight away, no need for any sh.. or anything to enter inside him.

And Consumite Furore is one of the most iconic adventure themes, right there with Monkey Island theme.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 20 November 2016 11:09 AM

The objects, when looking at them in inventory menu, spin way too fast, any way to correct that? Playing the gog version.

Have you found the solution?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 23 November 2016 03:12 PM

So far the behaviour of husband Don in Chapter 2 I didn’t find too different from that of a guy with a serious cocaine or alcohol problem! (But obviously neither of those addictions are to blame!)

By chapter 2 Adrienne should be thinking getting the hell away from there instead of going on that amazing quest that took the whole chapter that was to buy the drain unclogger

diego - 23 November 2016 05:00 PM
wilco - 20 November 2016 11:09 AM

The objects, when looking at them in inventory menu, spin way too fast, any way to correct that? Playing the gog version.

Have you found the solution?

Not really, just hoping there isn’t any object that involves looking carefully at it

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Did you notice the “lady in blue” portrait above the fireplace, instead the red?!

Also, that mirror projection looks kinda odd.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 23 November 2016 05:06 PM

Did you notice the “lady in blue” portrait above the fireplace, instead the red?!

Also, that mirror projection looks kinda odd.

I noticed there was a portrait of a lady, not much else. Adrienne does seem to like taking long looks at all mirrors, at least reflections sometimes have some weird stuff. Nice catch

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top