• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 19 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Here’s something from A Vampyre Story! It sure looks good.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’ve never gotten around to playing that game, but I’d really like to. What happened to the sequel it was supposed to have?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really enjoyed A Vampyre Story as far as it got but will never again buy another game that relies on a sequel to finish it & leaves you with a cliffhanger!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The game was fun to play but I’m also disappointed that they didn’t make the sequel.  I don’t like the vastly over-used cliffhanger gimmick in any medium, including books, tv shows, games, and movies.  There’s a mindset that says that a cliffhanger will compel the reader, viewer or player to continue the series, but I think a good self-contained story will do that anyway.  All a cliffhanger does for me is cause frustration, especially if the sequel is never made.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I really should get around to finishing this game.

Got distracted / interrupted / lost interest a bit during the second chapter, and never got around to retrying it…

Liked it well enough, though, despite Mona’s voice and Froderick’s hit-and-miss humour.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

There seemed to be a love/hate response to that game around here (I guess that happens with most games). Was a playthrough around the corner? I recall discussion of that. If so, I might hop in.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s been overhyped in a “golden age adventures are back” sense and as a result of that is slightly underrated. The team behind is definitely talented - it’s not just Bill Tiller, but LucasArts veterans Dave Harris and William Eaken who designed it. I didn’t play Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, but it might be that mixed critics of it might had something to do with Autumn Moon plans.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that game was GREAT until Mona left the Castle, i more into games that take place in one big Area like the old Adventures and step by step you discover new places and rooms within that huge Area.

but i loved Vampyre Story anyhow

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I found this game excellent when I played it. The graphics are beautiful (obviously!), the voices were great, the humour really up to my taste Smile, and the inventory system really innovative!! Heck, I even liked Froderick (he becomes a little bit irritating from time to time…). It really is a shame that the sequel was never released… The images from it seemed really promising (playing with Froderick, Dc Riggor Mortis castle, etc.).

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW, A Vampyre Story 2 is in the plans (although it was episodic prequel that was announced to hit Kickstarter soon) as this is from Bill Tiller’s tweeter one month ago:

“...galley of doom would probably be after AVS 2.”

Galley of Doom is also planned Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island 2

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I remember being quite excited about this game and was convinced I’d buy it, but after I tried the demo briefly, I wasn’t ‘feeling it’ at all and decided to stop. I’ve not been interested since.

The graphics sure are nice though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top