• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 20 October 2016

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 05:12 PM

I was in staying in Vatan Caddesi, Fatih btw.

You have got to be kidding me….you based those things on your stay in Istanbul?

I rest my case.

My mom is ‘purely Turkish’ and is from a village.
My dad has Arabic ancestry I know of and was born and grew up in the 5th biggest city of Turkey on the south middle where you have a lot of Arab immigrants(obviously because of its geographic location).

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

AGSOTD!

Perhaps a new thread to discuss Middle-Eastern politics.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 04:30 PM

Which country isnt materialistic, there is plenty of skin show in India let alone Dubai.

India? In many parts you’d be lucky to see a woman not in a niqab, let alone see any ‘skin’. One of the most clothes-conservative places I’ve been to as far as women are concerned.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

rtrooney - 21 October 2016 08:50 PM

AGSOTD!

Turkey isn’t Middle-Eastern.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 21 October 2016 09:12 PM
nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 04:30 PM

Which country isnt materialistic, there is plenty of skin show in India let alone Dubai.

India? In many parts you’d be lucky to see a woman not in a niqab, let alone see any ‘skin’. One of the most clothes-conservative places I’ve been to as far as women are concerned.

Bombay, Delhi, Goa etc girls wear a lot of tops and skirts.
Ofcourse India is so big like china that you are not going to see every girl scantly clad.
Plus i am also talking about films and TV shows.
You will see alot of Hijab in Dubai too, but they dont wear anything inside and throw the hijab as soon they get in Malls or Date location.
Dubai,Abudhabi and Qatar are not open for sex and shit, but inside and in some hotspot locations shit go bonkers. Really odd laws there, but Govt allows everything if its done inside except drugs. Same for games, though lots of games are banned yet still sold and some total anti islamic games like DMC3 and RE4 are not banned.
Hypocrites.

I really need to open babes thread in chit chat.
Will do soonish.

Origami - 21 October 2016 10:24 PM

AGSOTD!

Rekt

Moreover if the game is including hijab , it says something about Turkey, esp to those unaware, so background of that is legit debate imo.

Imagine some odd bit in NYC depicted in Blackwell series, people would have been discussing that too.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 11:10 PM

Plus i am also talking about films and TV shows.

Yes, that much was obvious. Bollywood is about as similar to India as Mad Max is to Australia.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 21 October 2016 05:20 PM

Yeah Sincity according to you.
I dont know if that is more sinful than Antalya resort hotels, but if its sinful for you enough then my point of Hijab breaking norms stand more.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Origami - 21 October 2016 10:24 PM

AGSOTD!

Huh? Yes, it is.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 11:25 PM
Origami - 21 October 2016 05:20 PM

Yeah Sincity according to you.
I dont know if that is more sinful than Antalya resort hotels, but if its sinful for you enough then my point of Hijab breaking norms stand more.

Istanbul is just an example of what passes in Turkey and is allowed, but it is possibly an extremity on many sides. I just think it’s smart to visit more(including far less touristy) places when creating an honest opinion of Turkey.

Also consider that those hijab wearing people might be immigrants. From an immigrants perspective Istanbul has appeal for its status and image that everyone does what he wants.(I don’t know the numbers, just that I met a lot of them to my surprise being there)

Again, it’s tricky to base an opinion of Turkey just through experiencing Istanbul.

And honestly I saw close to no one in Istanbul with an hijab. Heck, it’s flooded with tourists, expats, freelancers, international artists and students. Had to double check if someone was Turkish in the first place. Maybe you walked through some immigrant neighbourhood, I wouldn’t know.

Anyway my point is to be careful with the statements you make about a country. Don’t do a headcount of people wearing hijabs in a certain place and say it’s becoming more conservative. People might actually start to believe you with all the bad press Turkey is getting because of Erodogan.

Karlok - 22 October 2016 04:03 AM

Huh? Yes, it is.

You are right. I thought Turkey, like Afghanistan were exceptions to the rule.
My apologies rtrooney.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Will do soonish.

Stuff like that makes you seem shallow and immature, though. Hurts your credibility. Just saying…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 22 October 2016 08:56 AM

Will do soonish.

Stuff like that makes you seem shallow and immature, though. Hurts your credibility. Just saying…

Abnaxus coined the idea.
I think i posted alot of babes in 2014 Soccer worldcup. 
Opinions are all over the place, i got more insults of immature for playing games,
in real life and i am not alone, no matter how hard industry struggles to change the perception, Toddhoward was called Dork too.
Moreover i was not planning to post naked pics, just good looking women from different nations and place where everyone can post their national beauties, but lets say if its scantly clad babes, i dont see problem when you have archived threads of erotica AGs,
if you can go polygon and fmvs,then why cant this?
How come GQ pics or just simple pics can be more shallow than Larry,lula3D and Fahrenheit?

And yes i admire beauty of women and not ashamed a bit, and frankly hardly overthink building image online, people believe what they want to believe, credible or not.

Just saying
Wink

wont open, dont worry

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

nomadsoul - 22 October 2016 12:52 PM

Abnaxus coined the idea.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Origami - 22 October 2016 06:53 AM

My apologies rtrooney.

Thumbs Up

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

rtrooney - 22 October 2016 09:06 PM
Origami - 22 October 2016 06:53 AM

My apologies rtrooney.

Thumbs Up

Disputed

(Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up))
One of the great crossroads of ancient civilization is a broad peninsula that lies between the Black and Mediterranean seas. Called Asia Minor (Lesser Asia) by the Romans, the land is the Asian part of modern Turkey. It lies across the Aegean Sea to the east of Greece

Hence Erdogan pushing Turkey for EU membership since long.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2016 12:25 AM

Disputed

(Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up))
One of the great crossroads of ancient civilization is a broad peninsula that lies between the Black and Mediterranean seas. Called Asia Minor (Lesser Asia) by the Romans, the land is the Asian part of modern Turkey. It lies across the Aegean Sea to the east of Greece

Yes, and…?

I’ve known all my life what the Middle East is, but I’ll quote Wikipedia to convince you:
Traditionally included within the Middle East are Iran (Persia), Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, the Levant, the Arabian Peninsula, and Egypt

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top