• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 20 October 2016

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bizarre Earthquakes is a game about earthquakes that are… well… bizarre? Mostly because they are small and happen in a specific place. It’s a classic point and click from Turkey where the player controls 2 characters and can change between them freely, except in the first chapter where you have to choose who to play with.  The animations are weird and the main problem is how slow everything happens, that usually kills my interest in the game so I didn’t advance much on it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Never heard of this before…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

is she wearing Hijab, good that the game is not been banned or anything?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 20 October 2016 03:38 PM

Never heard of this before…

Doesn’t seem to be very known, it’s not even on the database here. It does have a fair amout of owners on Steam, maybe because it was part of a bundle

Advie - 20 October 2016 05:12 PM

Might be, not sure, might be an old woman with a scarf. She’s watching some kind of soap opera in this scene.

The characters are digitized faces I think, some people were saying the main character (featured on the screen) is based on Kim Kardashian but the developer denied it Smile Does look like her.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If this game was developed in Turkey, that is highly unlikely. Turkey, I believe, prides itself as being a secular society. (Current Middle-East war activities to the contrary.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Headscarves have been an issue for Turkish secularists in the past, only recently women have been allowed to wear them in universities.

I hope there is more to the plot than “earthquakes which are bizarre”. If not, it’s one of the worst plots I’ve ever seen Tongue

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 20 October 2016 09:02 PM

Headscarves have been an issue for Turkish secularists in the past, only recently women have been allowed to wear them in universities.

I hope there is more to the plot than “earthquakes which are bizarre”. If not, it’s one of the worst plots I’ve ever seen Tongue

rtrooney - 20 October 2016 08:40 PM

If this game was developed in Turkey, that is highly unlikely. Turkey, I believe, prides itself as being a secular society. (Current Middle-East war activities to the contrary.)

Been there, i am half turk myself.
Erdogan changed the landscape, lots of hijab on streets, lots of women goto pray, even call to prayers was not allowed now full stampede on major locations with females everywhere.
There had been plenty of syrian,kazakhs,yemeni,arabs etc influx too,they have business and restaurants, cross marriages and stuff.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 20 October 2016 09:02 PM

I’m sure there is, the reason behind must be a big conspiracy! I’ve only played part of the first chapter. Btw, the game is only 0.90€.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 20 October 2016 06:43 PM

Might be, not sure

that is a hijab, i see it every day so i do know one when i see it

nomadsoul - 20 October 2016 09:27 PM

Been there, i am half turk myself.
Erdogan changed the landscape, lots of hijab on streets, lots of women goto pray, even call to prayers was not allowed now full stampede on major locations with females everywhere.
There had been plenty of syrian,kazakhs,yemeni,arabs etc influx too,they have business and restaurants, cross marriages and stuff.

you everything that is Nomad , how about i call you sheikh judas priest ,
and dont you go flipping on me dude Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 21 October 2016 11:19 AM

you everything that is Nomad , how about i call you sheikh judas priest ,
and dont you go flipping on me dude Smile

Yeah half jew too
But for you thats enough i guess to hate someone
Smile

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

You seemed to be and have done everything Nomad.

You also understand Japanese right?

What landscape are you talking about? Turkey is as liberal as it has ever gotten(in Turkey).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 21 October 2016 12:43 PM

You seemed to be and have done everything Nomad.

You also understand Japanese right?

Erdogan changed the landscape, lots of hijab on streets, lots of women goto pray, even call to prayers was not allowed now full stampede on major locations with females everywhere

What landscape are you talking about? Turkey is as liberal as it has ever gotten(in Turkey)

I did language courses of German,Japanese 10yrs back
Now forgot

Turkey is as liberal as before yes, but many many turks are now hardcore muslims.

For starters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkish-president-recep-tayyip-erdogan-says-no-muslim-family-should-use-contraception-a7056816.html

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/07/26/Turkey-s-Erdogan-Cleans-House-Form-More-Perfect-Islamic-State

Erdogan’s Islamic Rule
For about 80 years, Turkey’s army maintained a dominant role in its politics. It organized coups to force the country’s politicians to adhere to the army’s secular vision of Turkey. But in 2001, a conservative Islamic party founded by the current Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan won the election.

Gradually, Erdogan intensified Turkey’s Islamic identity and removed many secular generals and colonels from the army. In the meantime, Turkey’s economy experienced steady growth, which enhanced Erdogan’s popularity. Turkey’s status as a main player in the Middle East has been boosted as well. Erdogan was considered by many Turks and foreigners as an able statesman who earned his people’s and the world’s respect.

Erdogan had an ally who was, in a way, a spiritual leader for many Islamist Turks. Fethullah Gulen, who now resides in Pennsylvania, helped Erdogan erase the secular influences by trying and convicting army officers, judges, police officers, academics and journalists for alleged conspiracy against the government. Gulen’s men replaced the secularists in these many sectors

Visit Turkey now, you will see the change
Hijabs are way more common
Moreover talk with local business owners, everyone turning into conservatives

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 01:59 PM

I am ethnically Turkish(100%) and just came back from a 3 month holiday having spent my time in the big city as well as a mountain village visiting family lol. If anything they are more progressive and behaving more and more like Europeans. Girls show more skin than before and have become materialistic as ever. Everybody wants to drive a nice car etc. Also a lot of people don’t like Erdogan but that could be because of where I was with a lot of people in that city having Arabic roots(my forefathers as well).

Don’t get me started on Istanbul. Sin City x 10.

I am not saying you or that report pulled that claim out of thin air. Maybe your experience or the reports are exclusive to certain parts.

But in my expierence Turkey is steadily becoming more and more progressive and that trend isn’t stopping anytime soon. I could openly announce I am not religious without people being unaccepting, at most some people were disappointed(in the mountain village). People identify themselves as muslim but don’t know anything about the religion or discuss it(because they don’t know @*#& lol). It is a small group that really practice the belief. You can be an atheist in Turkey without having to break a sweat with most people adhering to the mantra of ‘You are free to believe whatever you want’.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 21 October 2016 02:40 PM
nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 01:59 PM

I am ethnically Turkish(100%) and just came back from a 3 month holiday having spent my time in the big city as well as a mountain village visiting family lol. If anything they are more progressive and behaving more and more like Europeans. Girls show more skin than before and have become materialistic as ever. Everybody wants to drive a nice car etc. Also a lot of people don’t like Erdogan but that could be because of where I was with a lot of people in that city having Arabic roots(my forefathers as well).

Don’t get me started on Istanbul. Sin City x 10.

I am not saying you or that report pulled that claim out of thin air. Maybe your experience or the reports are exclusive to certain parts.

So you are from mountain village and Arabic.

Check the qualification of Authors in following articles and read them,

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/where-does-erdogan-want-to-take-turkey

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ataturk-versus-erdogan-turkeys-long-struggle

Which country isnt materialistic, there is plenty of skin show in India let alone Dubai. Everyone wants to drive great cars and own good homes.
Turkish TV shows love scenes and songs are more vulgar but again India and China has also gone in similar direction, its just American ideology pushing more in developing economies with time and indulgence as component of Consumerism follows.
Tuba Büyüküstün is hot though.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

So you are from mountain village

My mom is yes, what of it?

and Arabic

I said my ancestors were Arabic and you immediately take that as an argument to proof I am not qualified to speak of a country that I have visited over the course of many years. XD Somewhere down the line everyone is of different origins right?  A lot of Turks descend from Mongolians so they are considered Mongolians now? lol

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/where-does-erdogan-want-to-take-turkey

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ataturk-versus-erdogan-turkeys-long-struggle

Yes, what about these articles? They talk about the non-secularism and governing of Erdogan, not about a growing conservatism of the people.

I argued the following:

nomadsoul - 21 October 2016 04:30 PM

You say this as if you have been there. Now I know you haven’t(in a long time at least)because you fall back on posting articles. Talk about where you have been, what people you have spoken and what they had to say.

If you base this on something you read at least say so.

And your second article literally even says the following: “However, as evidenced by this latest coup, a critical mass of the Turkish population has turned against him due to a list of grievances”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ahhh then your Arabic village origins are not inline with my Jewish urban ones.
I was in staying in Vatan Caddesi, Fatih btw.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top