• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017 is looking good!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

On a note, pre-orders for Full Throttle are up at GOG. 20% off.
https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

wilco - 14 March 2017 12:18 PM

Another - What Remains of Edith Finch launches April 25th

Great news! Be careful folks, it is a real possibility to get overdose on adventure games next month.

Viktor (Studio Spektar)  —> March 17
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Episode 3 “Above the Law”  —> March 28
Thimbleweed Park (Ron Gilbert)  —> March 30
Paradigm (Jacob Janerka)  —> April 5
The Franz Kafka Video Game (Denis Galanin)  —> April 6
Late Shift (CtrlMovie)  —> April 12
Calm Waters (Tayanna Studios)  —> April 13
Full Throttle Remastered (Double Fine)  —> April 18
Syberia III (Microids)  —> April 20
What Remains of Edith Finch (Giant Sparrow)  —> April 25
Little Nightmares (aka Hunger) (Tarsier)  —> April 28

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I will be picking up this year:

Syberia 3

The Silver Case

Detroit: Becoming Human

Yep, lot’s of good stuff getting released this year!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

cyfoyjvx - 14 March 2017 12:15 AM

I am really surprised about the hype from Thimbleweed park. There are loads of retro adventure games every year taken no notice of, nothing special from another one here.

I’m excited about Thimbleweed because I like what they’ve done before. I am not a fan of retro anything. See my comments on the recent Kathy Rain AGCTP. I was a big fan about the game except the retro graphics.

So I’m not sure what you’re surprised about. If a game/story/concept/history intrigues you, the fact that it has retro elements becomes less a problem. Unless, of course, it fails to deliver on any of those four elements. Then, retro is just stupid.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

The Dream Machine chapter 6 was confirmed for May 11.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

desiderio59 - 14 March 2017 09:03 PM

The Dream Machine chapter 6 was confirmed for May 11.

This news has just turned my 2017 from ‘meh’ to ‘marvellous’.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 14 March 2017 08:50 PM
cyfoyjvx - 14 March 2017 12:15 AM

I am really surprised about the hype from Thimbleweed park. There are loads of retro adventure games every year taken no notice of, nothing special from another one here.

I’m excited about Thimbleweed because I like what they’ve done before. I am not a fan of retro anything. See my comments on the recent Kathy Rain AGCTP. I was a big fan about the game except the retro graphics.

So I’m not sure what you’re surprised about. If a game/story/concept/history intrigues you, the fact that it has retro elements becomes less a problem. Unless, of course, it fails to deliver on any of those four elements. Then, retro is just stupid.

From what I can gauge, few of the people excited about TP have played Maniac Mansion to completion. I tried it a few years ago and got frustrated, too many dead ends and not enough to do. And like someone said, Deathspank and The Cave weren’t that good.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

cyfoyjvx - 14 March 2017 10:35 PM

And like someone said, Deathspank and The Cave weren’t that good.

That’s the same as my reasoning hence why I don’t share most people’s enthusiasm - and I did play Maniac Mansion to completion but don’t put it in as high regard as the bulk of LucasArts’ catalogue.
That said, I do fully understand the hype. Ron Gilbert is still a very big name…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

TimovieMan - 15 March 2017 01:50 PM
cyfoyjvx - 14 March 2017 10:35 PM

And like someone said, Deathspank and The Cave weren’t that good.

That’s the same as my reasoning hence why I don’t share most people’s enthusiasm - and I did play Maniac Mansion to completion but don’t put it in as high regard as the bulk of LucasArts’ catalogue.
That said, I do fully understand the hype. Ron Gilbert is still a very big name…

I agree that Maniac Mansion wasn’t as great (in my mind) as a lot of people seem to suggest. However, Zak McKracken for some reason got me hooked from the get-go. I loved it.
And Ron Gilbert’s name is also linked to that game (among others). Why’s maniac mansion mentioned more than Zak McKracken? Did it have a bigger audience?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bitano - 15 March 2017 03:54 PM

Why’s maniac mansion mentioned more than Zak McKracken? Did it have a bigger audience?

Probably. Not counting their very first Labyrinth game, I’d say Zak is the least known LucasArts title. Maniac Mansion is probably even more well-known than Last Crusade as a game.
Don’t forget that MM got a very popular sequel with Day of the Tentacle, and that a fully playable version of MM was included in it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I almost started a new thread for this but since the game is mentioned here thought id ask here: does anyone know if the devil’s men is still happening? Theres no mention of it in upcoming games on their website, and it wasnt showcased with daedalics games at pax.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Latest directly from Daedalic is that it’s still planned, but not for 2017.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Ouch. Well good to know, thanks. I was starting to think itd release without warning like deponia doomsday.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Edith Finch getting solid reviews

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/24/what-remains-of-edith-finch-review/

“What elevates it from a fascinating and gorgeous experiment in presentation to an immediate contender for my game of the year is the way that the broader narrative informs the stories it contains, just as the house is home to its many rooms. Without casting judgement or becoming didactic, Edith Finch explores both the good and the harm that stories can do, and how folktale, imagination and superstition can lift us up and dash us down”

2hrs 20$, no padding…more than Gone home and walking sims
Hmmm

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I tried to update the initial post a little bit if someone is intrested

Bertram Fiddle is finally ready (July 19) and the upcoming august looks pretty solid adventure month:
- Tacoma—> August 2
- The Pillars of the Earth Episode One—> August 15
- The Journey Down: Episode 3—> August 25
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode One—> August 31

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top