• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #4: Anchorhead

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Should we start already trying to climb stuff? Don’t see a reason to do so…

>x wall
>x fence
>x window
>x garbage
>nw
>w

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My first attempt at a Trizbort map. Oscar, please help me! I exported the map to a .png pic and edited it in Paint because it was BIG. Is there a simpler way? And how do I get the pic to show our current location? It does show it in the map, not in the png.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x wall
It’s just an ordinary-looking wall.

>x fence
One of the boards seems to be loose down at the bottom; you could probably just squeeze through.

>x window
It’s about eighteen inches wide and a foot tall, with hinges along the top that allow it to swing out. It’s currently closed.

>x garbage
The metal garbage cans are stuffed to overflowing with slowly decomposing refuse.

>nw

Sorry, I refuse to go to town and leave without the keys. Believe me, I’m doing you a favor. 

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 27 September 2016 07:04 AM

My first attempt at a Trizbort map. Oscar, please help me! I exported the map to a .png pic and edited it in Paint because it was BIG. Is there a simpler way? And how do I get the pic to show our current location? It does show it in the map, not in the png.

I just take a screenshot of Trizbort and crop it in paint. I know that is time-consuming, but if you’re already editing in paint to decrease the size then at least it removes the export step.

Also, I’ve been trying out the automap feature and it works pretty good! You should give it a try.

And good luck mapping the Estate Crawlspace, when you come to it Wink

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Just to be sure, we are at the real estate tile now, right? As in, you did perform the nw (even though there was no subsequent response)? If so:

>se
>pull board
>squeeze through fence

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>pull board
That would accomplish very little.

>squeeze through fence
(closing the umbrella first)
Dropping to your hands and knees, you wriggle underneath the loose board and scramble down a muddy slope.

Narrow Beach
This narrow strip of beach is tucked away between two outcroppings in the predominantly rocky shoreline, accessible only from a steep, muddy slope to the west. The sand is filthy and strewn with rocks, seaweed, litter and other bits of storm-tossed detritus.

Near the bottom of the slope, a sewage outflow pipe juts out over the beach, about three feet above the ground. A thin stream of acrid-smelling sewer water trickles out over the lip of the pipe, forming a puddle in the sand.

You are getting wet.

>

Let’s get those keys!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks, don’t know about the automap. Not right now anyway.

Oscar - 27 September 2016 07:51 AM

And good luck mapping the Estate Crawlspace, when you come to it Wink

I’ve decided I’m going to use/edit existing maps for the more complex locations.  Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>open umbrella Smile
>x sewage
>x sand
>x inside sewage

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>open umbrella
You open the umbrella.

>x sewage
Which do you mean, the outflow pipe or the sewer water?

>outflow pipe
The concrete pipe is about a foot and a half in diameter. Looking in, you can only see about three feet before the inner walls of the pipe disappear into blackness.

The rain slackens off momentarily to a weak drizzle, then returns afresh in a brief, freezing downpour.

>x sewer water
The water coming from the pipe is foul-smelling and brown.

>x sand
There is nothing of any worth or interest here, just drifts of trash.

>look in pipe
You can only see a few feet into the pipe before the interior is lost in darkness.

Another wave crashes against the rocks, sending a cloud of spray into the air.

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

I wonder how desperate our main character is getting to get hold of the key, because if she is:

>get rock
>w
>nw
>break glass with rock
(or if you can’t get a rock: >break glass with umbrella)
>open door

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>get rock
They’re hardly portable.

A sudden gust of wind blows a cold spray of rain into your face.

>w
You pick your way up the slope, push the loose board aside and slip back in through the gap.
(closing the umbrella first)

Alley
This narrow aperture between two buildings is nearly blocked with piles of rotting cardboard boxes and overstuffed garbage cans. Ugly, half-crumbling brick walls to either side totter oppressively over you. The alley ends here at a tall, wooden fence.

High up on the wall of the northern building there is a narrow, transom-style window.

You are getting wet.

>nw

Outside the Real Estate Office
A grim little cul-de-sac, tucked away in a corner of the claustrophobic tangle of narrow, twisting avenues that largely constitute the older portion of Anchorhead. Like most of the streets in this city, it is ancient, shadowy, and leads essentially nowhere. The lane ends here at the real estate agent’s office, which lies to the east, and winds its way back toward the center of town to the west. A narrow, garbage-choked alley opens to the southeast.

The clouds overhead mutter restlessly to themselves.

You are getting wet.

>break glass with umbrella
You’re not here to vandalize the place.

The clouds overhead mutter restlessly to themselves.

You are getting wet.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luna Sevithiainen - 27 September 2016 02:24 PM

I wonder how desperate our main character is getting to get hold of the key, because if she is:

Well, aren’t you desperate to meet your husband and get settled in? Here’s the relevant part from the intro again:

You shake yourself and force the melancholy thoughts from your head, trying to focus on the errand at hand. You’re to meet with the real estate agent and pick up the keys to your new house while Michael runs across town to take care of some paperwork at the university. He’ll be back to pick you up in a few minutes, and then the two of you can begin the long, precarious process of settling in.

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Yes,  but I wondered if she would be desperate enough to smash in windows Wink

>open umbrella
>se
>look through window

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>open umbrella
You open the umbrella.

>se

Alley
This narrow aperture between two buildings is nearly blocked with piles of rotting cardboard boxes and overstuffed garbage cans. Ugly, half-crumbling brick walls to either side totter oppressively over you. The alley ends here at a tall, wooden fence.

High up on the wall of the northern building there is a narrow, transom-style window.

>look through window
The window is too high.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>climb wall or garbage cans

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top