• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Barrow Hill: The Dark Path

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I’ve also decided to stop playing til they get it sorted out. So in the meantime I decided to replay the first one, it’s been probably 8 yrs since I last played it. I’m really glad I did! I had forgotten how great it was/is! Like going back in time. I sure hope The Dark Path gets fixed soon, I’m antsy to get back to it with a fresh start after finishing the original Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

It now says - available on steam early access. Funny, I can’t remember that from when I bought the game a couple of days ago.  Some marketing!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well, that would explain a lot. I just wonder whose stuff-up was it - Matt’s or Steam’s?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Is it just me or are the sites not working? shadowtorstudios.co.uk and barrow-hill.co.uk Seems odd, guess we got suckered into beta testing and once the steam players get the bugs worked out it will actually be released?!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Shadow Tor site works for me. It looks like Matt has been busy - not on ironing out bugs but on a “Dark Path Tour” visiting real locations from the game.

Fine with me, although I would have thought he could wait until after fixing the buggy mess of a game I’ve just paid for…

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Steam early access! I swear that wasn’t there before. And have you seen the latest message from our friend Matt at Steam?

The Dark Path – Larger update coming.
Rather than continue smaller rolling updates, the decision was made to work on a bigger update to take the game from the revising v1 preview release to version 1.01 in a larger step. V1.01 will be addressing issues that some gamers have faced, and is shifting content around for a better game play experience. Events in act 3 will occur sooner in act 2; some events in act 2 are scattered into act 1. Many gamer requested addins, short cuts, improved interactios, along with technical, graphical and audio updates are included. Right now, I am testing to get as much of the update applied to those already playing, as those who are starting a new game will encounter by default. The update will be with you shortly.

Many Thanks, Matt

V1 preview release!!
Shifting content around!!
This is no way to treat unsuspecting buyers, Mr Clark.  Pan

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Not on my PC (firefox) but on my ipad.

Image Attachments

image.jpeg

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Steam store doesn’t have mention of Early Acess. Bad form

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 28 September 2016 05:46 AM

Steam store doesn’t have mention of Early Acess. Bad form

Matt’s latest message:
The game has not been early access; it has been its preview week - Version 1.00. Changes to improve game play and add content, as requested, are included with the fixes as part of the update. Apologies for any confusion, Version 1.01 will be releasing today

First time I heard this was “preview week”. I’m afraid to me it sounds like a synonym for early access.

EDIT: Apparently it says on the bottom left of the menu screen “preview release”. I hadn’t noticed and I don’t blame myself for not noticing. The developer should have told us before we bought the game.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’d like to thank all of you eager beavers/beta testers - without you probably there wouldn’t have been an update of the game. At least not so soon.

P.S. Barrow Hill (2006) was extremely polished (with no glitches or bugs whatsoever,) so I am genuinely surprised at BH: TDP being such a mess.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 28 September 2016 05:54 AM

EDIT: Apparently it says on the bottom left of the menu screen “preview release”. I hadn’t noticed and I don’t blame myself for not noticing. The developer should have told us before we bought the game.

Oh, wonderful. Just in the unlikely event that anyone missed it:

Couldn’t have made it more obvious, really.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 28 September 2016 10:53 AM

Couldn’t have made it more obvious, really.

LOL!

Look, the words “early access” have been removed from the ad.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

All the more reason to wait a week or two before downloading. I think it’s a given that V1.01 will not be the last update.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I agree. The V1.01 version is here, I tested it just now, and both the music and the ambient sounds are back. Yippee! The woods aren’t dead anymore. But I’d loaded my last save, took one step forwards and noticed an object that hadn’t been there before.  Foot in mouth I guess the developer was serious about shifting and adding content.

I don’t mind restarting the game, but I’ll wait until the number of bug reports on Steam has decreased significantly.

EDIT: Someone has completed the new version of the game. Good news. Nobody managed to complete the preview version.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The game is much better now, but I am still confused how some people were able to get further than others on the preview version. I read the Steam forums before the update and was totally confused by what some people were talking about. Some people had items, screens and hotspots that didn’t show up for me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top