• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Virginia

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think I’ve seen a thread for this but can’t seem to find it

Virginia is a single-player first-person thriller set in a small town with a secret. Experience a missing person investigation through the eyes of graduate FBI agent Anne Tarver.
Together with your partner, seasoned investigator Maria Halperin, you’ll take a trip to idyllic Burgess County and the secluded town of Kingdom, Virginia, where a young boy has vanished and nobody seems to know why.
Before long Anne will find herself negotiating competing interests, uncovering hidden agendas and testing the patience of a community unaccustomed to uninvited scrutiny.
As your investigation takes a turn for the sinister, and the list of suspects grows ever larger and stranger, you will make decisions which irrevocably shape the course of Anne’s and agent Halperin’s lives.

Virginia is coming out on Set 22nd to PC, PS4 and XboxOne

There is a demo available

Trailer

Glowing preview

Definitely the demo is worth a shot, it feels like Thirty Flights of Loving with the cinematic editing/cuts between scenes and lack of any voices but set in a Twin Peaks like disappearance mystery in a small rural town with weird stuff showing up.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like trying hard but not reaching it.
Didnt like the Demo.
Wats your take?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I liked it, great atmosphere, (the screenshots don’t give it justice) and promising storytelling style. I do wish there was more interactivity
The demo didn’t make much sense in the end but it’s just a small portion, like a trailer.

The game will be 9.99€

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Reviews are positive.
But the greatest puzzle is, if its cutscene simulator or walking simulator, or both or none.
Beware puzzle lovers, its much less than single good TTG episode.
Less than hour.

I guess its easiest to make game nowadays.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished it, a little more than 1h30m.
It’s really like Thirty Flights of Loving - the developer even thanks Brendon Chung for the inspiration at the end.
It doesn’t have puzzles and he interactions are minimal. It does have a good soundtrack and story that leaves itself open for interpretation through symbolisms, kind of like Mullholland Drive, Twin Peaks. Worth a playthrough in my opinion.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 September 2016 05:46 PM

I finished it, a little more than 1h30m.
It’s really like Thirty Flights of Loving - the developer even thanks Brendon Chung for the inspiration at the end.
It doesn’t have puzzles and he interactions are minimal. It does have a good soundtrack and story that leaves itself open for interpretation through symbolisms, kind of like Mullholland Drive, Twin Peaks. Worth a playthrough in my opinion.

Finshed checking it out on youtube, you just stand most of the time controlling camera.
And didnt get any of the plot.
Music was tood and thirty flights dejavu indeed.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

One of the best of the year, I thought. This is not another sleep-inducing “walking-simulator” like Rapture - it’s tightly directed, never boring and with meaning in every scene. It’s cinematic but it’s one to spend time carefully exploring and thinking about each scene, pen and pencil in hand. It actually really works better as a game than a movie for this reason. You will want to play it again once you’re done, and you should.

The best thing about it is its simplicity. I’m bored of all the outlandish, complicated quantum physics/time-travel end of the world scenarios in games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top