• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Turing Test

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

First person sci-fi puzzle game with a strong narrative.

The Turing Test is a challenging first-person puzzle game set on Jupiter’s moon, Europa. You are Ava Turing, an engineer for the International Space Agency (ISA) sent to discover the cause behind the disappearance of the ground crew stationed there.

Upon arrival a series of puzzles awaits you – tests which, according to the station’s AI, Tom, can only be solved by a human. These puzzles have apparently been set by the missing ground crew – but why have they created them and what are they hiding from?

Looks interesting. Comes out this week

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

When I saw “The Turing Test” in the thread title I immediately thought of the other “Turing Test,” which is a way of determining AI. The game looks interesting. I would hope it is more than just a play on words, and the puzzles relate to Alan Turing’s original thinking on the subject.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the trailer intro looks more like something out of a really good Doom remake than an adventure game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Watching its videos in parallel with Obduction last week was the reason i said.

nomadsoul - 28 August 2016 02:21 AM

Well that story is utter trash.
It started really good but nothing close to modern walking simulators exploring new grounds.

Random indies on steam are full of unknown gems.
This is too mix of portal and Stanley parable.

We should rather make a thread of random indie steam releases that get lost in saturated market.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

rtrooney - 28 August 2016 06:59 PM

When I saw “The Turing Test” in the thread title I immediately thought of the other “Turing Test,” which is a way of determining AI. The game looks interesting. I would hope it is more than just a play on words, and the puzzles relate to Alan Turing’s original thinking on the subject.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the trailer intro looks more like something out of a really good Doom remake than an adventure game.

It’s more like Portal, I don’t think it has combat.
Connections to the orinigal Turing test, it looks like it will play into it with lines “Test only a Human can solve” and some articles:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/25/the-turing-test-release-date/

nomadsoul - 28 August 2016 07:01 PM

Watching its videos in parallel with Obduction last week was the reason i said.

nomadsoul - 28 August 2016 02:21 AM

Well that story is utter trash.
It started really good but nothing close to modern walking simulators exploring new grounds.

Random indies on steam are full of unknown gems.
This is too mix of portal and Stanley parable.

We should rather make a thread of random indie steam releases that get lost in saturated market.

Sure, there’s a lot of indies being released but stuff that is good sometimes is hard to find on Steam, I try to make for what I think looks interesting.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played for about 2 hours.
It is really like Portal where you go between rooms solving puzzles (simple so far). Instead of GLados you have a creppy AI voice that sounds a lot like Jeremy Irons.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 31 August 2016 12:53 PM

Played for about 2 hours.
It is really like Portal where you go between rooms solving puzzles (simple so far). Instead of GLados you have a creppy AI voice that sounds a lot like Jeremy Irons.

You will be done in next 2hours Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 31 August 2016 12:53 PM

a creppy AI voice that sounds a lot like Jeremy Irons.

That’s an awesome voice to listen to, then. ALMOST as good as the late Alan Rickman was…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top