• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Warcraft Adventures recreation, looking for help

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-08-24

PM

Maybe some of you remember the cancelled adventure game by Blizzard, Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans. There are lots of screenshots, documents and more about this game on the internet. Well, my goal is to recreate the game in Adventure Game Studio, to be fully playable on modern computers and as much complete as possible. I’ve already made a proof-of-concept alpha version, of which I have uploaded a video some time ago. It’s really AGS, not the actual game, but the difference is strikingly almost unnoticeable.

What probably makes you wonder about is how I did get the graphics and sounds from the game, when it was nowhere to be downloaded. Well, there’s been a leak, and a Russian guy called MAN-biker uploaded a playthrough of the leaked game from the beginning to the end. And guess what I’ve done: I’ve downloaded all his videos, made myself a couple of graphics extraction tools, and began extracting sprites from the video, comparing them with the background I’ve remade. Getting the sounds and voices was just ripping them from the audio track and cleaning them a bit. I’ve also made an editor addon to help me insert the animation quickly into AGS. I have finished three other rooms aside from the first one, and they’re mostly playable.

The point of this topic, I can’t make the recreation alone. I don’t have that much experience with AGS, and the sprite ripping process, if straightforward, is time-consuming as well. But that is not all. I have actually received a couple of resource files from the game, and though the overall format is quite well documented by now, the animation files and image compression is still yet to be cracked. So, if you think you can help me with or provide any of the following, please contact me.

• Experience with making games in AGS (scripting, interface, editor etc.)
• Fixing the cutscene videos, enhancing the sound etc.
• Graphics editing to allow playing the game in higher resolutions
• Reverse engineering skills to crack the resource files
• Audio editing skills to enhance the quality of sounds and music
• Ideas how to fill missing parts of the game
• Motivation to keep the project going
• Anything you think the game needs

If you are willing to help, please contact me on e-mail (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) or Skype (illidans4). I will be most grateful.

I’ll post new updates here.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Wow that’s impressive and must have taken you endless hours…
Maybe a smart way to attract volunteers is to release a demo with the first 3 rooms.
Also, this project can always be shut down Blizzard/Activision, that would be a waste of all the effort you put into it!

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So soccerdude mentioned it in my cancelled games thread.
And here we are.
Its a tall order, and as poster above said, Activision can shut it down in minutes.
You should either track russian guy.
Or go underground for help and work.
Working on this game releasing it in stealth mode is only way.
Before that dont trigger Activision ninjas.
Good luck.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I was expecting that from TTG anyways fingers crossed.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Did you see this?

Looks like you can get the beta online now

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

jaap - 10 September 2016 02:01 PM

Did you see this?

Looks like you can get the beta online now

Dloading to have backup b4 it goes public and Activision.
Sdude prayers answered.
Thanks jaap for update Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The first link is already down but the second is still there. Whats the difference? the first link is the old game + a beta remake, and the 2nd link is the old game?
This is really quite the day that this finally leaked. Not sure how worth playing it is in this form, but wow did it take a long time.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

wow. i expected tons of comments concerning this leak. i remember people dying to get their hands on this years ago Smile
anyway. the link is working. i’m curious if anyone had the time to browse through the whole thing and let us know how much of it is playable.

i’m also curious about what have happened to that russian biker dude. did this leak come from him in anyway. last time I remember he was the only known guy in the internet who had it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tried 1 hr, damn its great.
Atmospheric and great voiceacting…
Beats me why it wasnt remastered and rel.
Steam would eat this up after WoW fanbase.
Music is missing uptill now, only ambient sounds.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve understood Warcraft Adventuyre was fairly complete game, at lest in the range of having all the intented content. I’m guessing it would have needed some art polishing and probably a cut scene or two, but other than that Blizzard almost finished it.

I’ve also been wondering why they didn’t do it in the end. And why haven’t they officially released it. It’s not like they’d have to put millions of dollars into it at this stage.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 11 September 2016 03:15 PM

I’ve understood Warcraft Adventuyre was fairly complete game, at lest in the range of having all the intented content. I’m guessing it would have needed some art polishing and probably a cut scene or two, but other than that Blizzard almost finished it.

I’ve also been wondering why they didn’t do it in the end. And why haven’t they officially released it. It’s not like they’d have to put millions of dollars into it at this stage.

Everybit that was done is a sunk cost anyway, so additional cost of Music,polish and QA could have recovered through steam,tablets and later consoles.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Does anyone still have it? I’ve been waiting for this game for 20 years now.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’m not sure which of the links are still live but Rock, Paper, Shotgun have a piece on it here:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/12/warcraft-lord-of-the-clans-review/

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Mr Underhill - 13 September 2016 06:01 AM

Does anyone still have it? I’ve been waiting for this game for 20 years now.

PM me if you cannot find it

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?errno=378&quickkey=gfdan9gqz5xfyg8&origin=download

Activision hammering hard Grin

Amazing game, just right up there with legendary MI or Bsword.
Production quality is terrific, animations music, VAs.
Cutscenes missing, no ending and epic moments abruptly cut.
Sounds and music files are missing too.

Really loved story and puzzles, one of the most interesting puzzles in pnc genre.
Man if only this genre had survived with this quality, and more fans.
Even today its hard to find any issue with the format if done right.
I hate orcs, but didn’t hamper my fun in anyway.

Hats off to leaker.

9/10

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I missed the links due to moving/no internet connection for 10 days!!!!!

I was really looking for the game too Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top