• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 24 July 2016

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just a little bit of a motivation to anyone going to the lake today. Grin

On a side note, The Legend of Kyrandia is a true “transitional” game between the unforgiving early Sierra and laid-back comfortable trend from 1993 onward. In that sense, it truly is a unique experience.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I seem to remember a labyrinth. Not exactly comfortable or laid-back. In fact, I don’t think I ever made it out. How long can you live while subsisting only on fireberries, I wonder?

Loved the game up to that point, though.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 24 July 2016 06:06 AM

Just a little bit of a motivation to anyone going to the lake today. Grin

On a side note, The Legend of Kyrandia is a true “transitional” game between the unforgiving early Sierra and laid-back comfortable trend from 1993 onward. In that sense, it truly is a unique experience.

The legend of Kyrandia is unforgiving the same way as older sierra games. You can easily throw a jewel and get stuck forever. Kyrandia 2 was the game that threw away the dead ends, and adopted the laid back trend of LA games.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SoccerDude28 - 24 July 2016 12:53 PM

The legend of Kyrandia is unforgiving the same way as older sierra games. You can easily throw a jewel and get stuck forever. Kyrandia 2 was the game that threw away the dead ends, and adopted the laid back trend of LA games.

That’s why I said the “transitional” Wink It’s like a “bridge”, between the totally unforgiving late 80s games and the modern trend, and in that sense it’s unique. For example, in The Legend of Kyrandia there’s “only” one dead-end, and dying is significantly less than in early King’s Quest games, and most of the time it will be quite obvious that if you proceed you’ll die. Also, another aspect I had in mind when speaking of transition is that in Legend of Kyrandia the exploration is more streamlined that in, let’s say, Conquests of the Longbow, but still there’s a bit of that uncertainty and special enjoyment (for those who like it) when you have the feeling that you can easily get lost in the environment (the forest, for example).

Becky - 24 July 2016 09:31 AM

I seem to remember a labyrinth. Not exactly comfortable or laid-back. In fact, I don’t think I ever made it out. How long can you live while subsisting only on fireberries, I wonder?

Hehe… yeah, I guess Legend of Kyrandia is one of the reason why mazes are on the bad rep. Smile I can’t remember if I made it out, too.

p.s. Anyone think that Brandon sounds amazingly similar to Dominic Armato’s Guybrush?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

diego - 25 July 2016 08:14 AM

p.s. Anyone think that Brandon sounds amazingly similar to Dominic Armato’s Guybrush?

Surprisingly, yes, now that you mention it.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the most important thing - wasn’t The Legend of Kyrandia one of the first games to introduce the smart cursor and got rid of a text parser? The very first?!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top