• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#Finale (The Greatest of the Great - Remake)

Poll: GF vs DoTT (Remakes)
Total Votes: 19
Grim Fandango (remake)
Day of the Tentacle (remake)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

We had this match before , but for the original releases, even before the (THE FINAL of) The Big AG VS Tournament was an idea, and also before Tim Schafer thought of getting their rights from Disney; so to be his first two official remakes for his long ago given projects at LucasArts’.  (and on a another rate of importance)  before we had lost a very unique member: Bogi for the 1st time Meh . Bogi/Bulldozer who was the one who took the responsibility of greatest effort behind the process for creating our top 134 Adventure Games of All Time list, that literally created by the adventure-gamers themselves (us) and not by any venue (with all due respect), which makes believe it’s the most reliable list made of the 100s similar other lists all over the net, not mentioning it held the greatest fun moments when the site had been filled and alive with all the adventuregamers(dot)com active or non-active members whom all (almost) came forward for once:-
proven by the Visitor Statistics which is certifying;The most visitors ever was 3340, on January 18, 2015 02:43 AM; which was of/at the time when this tournament have had been taking place.

The result (of the original releases clash between GF & DoTT) thru the 2nd given match, or tournament; could be reviewed by clicking the 1st and 2nd link above… yep! Smile

Today after a year (give or take) things have changed; the nostalgia factor might have eased up a bit with the two remakes not-so-long-ago-released, the sacred aura surrounding each one of the two gems have seen some kinda reduction (a bit), even some ‘weird’ calls/words (of some gamers moments of epiphany Grin ) finally spoken out load towards those two games; taking much or a few credits off of the two games, which were always too cherished by the majority, even from those who haven’t witnessed their actual time or glory..

At last, for the most of solid concurrent matter at most of the adventure gaming venues, and the old leading generation of the genre, those with their unconditional love for it or these two gems, in sorta way the remakes have tattered with the experiences!, but perhaps made many yet seeing the originals are (no matter what) still inferior to their remakes.

With me giving up on these Cage Matches as previously foretold at the last previous given one, i wanted to take this match into an indirect concept/thread about remakes (in general) and their effect (whether positively or negatively) over the originals, without going through each and every adventure ever re-made, but yet taking those two, ‘the greatest of the great’ (is more than enough example) to see if remakes could change the perspective of one gamer towards the original yet so cherished adventures (if even a bit).
yet,  we oughta be looking at his match within the objective terms of judgement (which i always recommend) preferably without starting comparing any of them to their originals but solemnly putting them (the remakes) against each other as at any of the given cage matches, (before).

Here we go again. Grin

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

If we compare the remaking proces, Day of the Tentacle is a better remake but judging strictly the games I think Grim Fandango is the best adventure game ever made !

My vote goes to Grim.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I haven’t played either of the remakes, but I will still maintain that GF is by far the better of those two games, and no amount of remakes is going to change that.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so who have played both remakes and laying back right now, please come forward and share your thoughts

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No amount of extra sauce can save DoTT from being one of the most over rated AGs.
So my vote for best AG,

Fandango is a fluke, remake or not , games like these are made once in eons.
It is right up there in echelons of REmake, DeusEx, MetroidPrime, Sotc etc as best game ever not just best AG.

Games like DoTT cant compete with other genre hits but Grim can.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s hard for me to vote for this since I haven’t played any of the two remastered versions, but from the looks of it, Day of the Tentacle has the better Remaster of the two, but that still doesn’t mean it beats Grim Fandango in my book… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top