• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday, 23 June

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This is beginning of a recently released game - Asemblance - a short scifi story about a man trapped in a machine that allows him to visit some specific memories.
The only character besides the player is a creppy AI voice that gives some pointers, comments or just cause confusion.
The creators want this to be a pilot episode a series of stand-alone apisodes inspired by something like The Twilight Zone or Black Mirror.

I think they are do a fairly good job, the premise is good, the game is powered by the Unreal Engine and looks and sounds excellent. I think the main problem is the limited scope, you can only visit 4 memories that are very small, although you end up going there in diferent time periods. The game feels it could have been more. Gameplay is also very limited.

The length will depend on how invested the player gets - to the get the first ending is fast, maybe not even 1 hour but to really understand what is happening you have to pay close attention and read all the scattered papers. To get the other 4 endings is a little more tricky, anyone can reach the first four but the last one I gave up, in fact, it’s another interesting part of the game - as far as I know nobody has reached the true final ending, there is even a big thread in the Steam forums that I’ve been following dedicated to people working together to figure out how to reach it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hmmmm
I thought its VR only game.
Another walking simulation.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sounds good. Downloading now. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 June 2016 02:42 PM

Hmmmm
I thought its VR only game.
Another walking simulation.

I’m not sure it even has VR support, but it looks like it might be a good fit

Karlok - 23 June 2016 05:36 PM

Sounds good. Downloading now. Smile

Hope you are not very disappointed with it, I recommend checking the big Steam thread about the search for the last ending when you are done with it, it still has not been found.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Played it for an hour tonight. Am utterly confused. I’ve tried to change the time and read documents in my 3 or 4 (error code?) memories. The only things I accomplished so far: switching off the power and getting a flashlight.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 28 June 2016 05:57 PM

Played it for an hour tonight. Am utterly confused. I’ve tried to change the time and read documents in my 3 or 4 (error code?) memories. The only things I accomplished so far: switching off the power and getting a flashlight.

If you have the flashlight and switched off the poweryou can now access the memory in the room in the bedroom that the AI would block before

Btw, The last ending has been discovered, unfortunately it was a bit of a letdown…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ve seen one ending, but I’m stuck again and losing interest.
Closed doors. Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.
Isn’t this supposed to be an easy game…?
Shifty Eyed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 30 June 2016 06:44 PM

I’ve seen one ending, but I’m stuck again and losing interest.
Closed doors. Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.
Isn’t this supposed to be an easy game…?
Shifty Eyed

You probably seen the first ending where the AI says you have 6 seconds to enter the door?. After seeing that one you can Continue in the main screen and keep exploring. After going to the bedroom by day I think you can return to the forest and the wife will be in there If you go to the wife or click the blue butterfly again it will lead to other endings

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 30 June 2016 07:06 PM

You probably seen the first ending where the AI says you have 6 seconds to enter the door?.

No, I’ve never seen an open door in the bedroom. I saw the wife twice, everything turned whitish when she disappeared, but no door opened. After the ending I explored again, everything was the same, including the whitish bedroom, except for the wife in the forest. I can’t go up to her and there’s no butterfly.

After seeing that one you can Continue in the main screen and keep exploring. After going to the bedroom by day I think you can return to the forest and the wife will be in there If you go to the wife or click the blue butterfly again it will lead to other endings

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 01 July 2016 02:10 AM
wilco - 30 June 2016 07:06 PM

You probably seen the first ending where the AI says you have 6 seconds to enter the door?.

No, I’ve never seen an open door in the bedroom. I saw the wife twice, everything turned whitish when she disappeared, but no door opened. After the ending I explored again, everything was the same, including the whitish bedroom, except for the wife in the forest. I can’t go up to her and there’s no butterfly.

Something doesn’t seem right. What I did
After getting the the flashlight I pressed the shutdown button. After that I went to the house scene, looked at the clock to fast forward the time to night. Then went to the bedroom and the door next to the bed was semi-open. Going in you have a creppy sequence following the wife and end up in front of a clock.
You then enter some kind of big loop in the memory machine room where just have to press forward. After that it unlocks the last memory - The name is a error and after pressing it the AI says you only have a few seconds to enter. You get in and end up in space in front of a door.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t recognize any of this. Frown I had a very short ending and I don’t remember the details because I got diverted and all of a sudden I was back at the monitor. Did your bedroom turn whitish and remain that way the next time you enter?

I think I’d better start over again.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 01 July 2016 06:13 AM

I don’t recognize any of this. Frown I had a very short ending and I don’t remember the details because I got diverted and all of a sudden I was back at the monitor. Did your bedroom turn whitish and remain that way the next time you enter?

I think I’d better start over again.

Mmm, the bedroom does turn whitish at some point but I think it only did for me after getting the sequence above. Maybe it’s better to start over, might have skipped that part somehow with no way to go back.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ve now seen all of the endings, including the white one on youtube. (I didn’t feel like counting seconds and having to try it again and again to get the exact moment.)  I enjoyed the experience, it’s a unique game. Not much story, more like hints of a story. Using the Internet and more or less forcing people to work together on a solution is not a new idea and I’d rather be able to solve everything on my own, but I’m curious about the next episodes. If there are any… not many people playing Asemblance.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top