• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Inside 2D puzzle adventure

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 15 July 2016 04:25 PM
desiderio59 - 15 July 2016 01:04 PM

I just finished the game yesterday and did the alternate ending today. My goodness!

The graphics, plot, animations, and overall presentation were way better than Limbo. Sound design was equally incredible in both. The only thing is, I think the puzzles were too easy. I was never stuck for too long like I was in Limbo (the good kind of stuck, not the annoying kind).

Can we talk about the plot?
So it seems the mass of people at the end was basically like the “brain” that was kept imprisoned to control the workers of their society?

What was up with the people floating upside-down in the water? They had helmets, so it implies they were controlling other people. Maybe they were a conduit for the creature? (Did they need to be upside-down or was that just for cool puzzles?)

What was up with the worms? You see some wriggling around in the barn area. And the pig that attacks you becomes docile once you pull the worm out of it. Also near the end I noticed one of the people floating upside-down in the water had a bunch of worms wriggling around his body. I wonder if they are the source of the mind-control technology.

What was that girl in the water? I’m guessing she’s like an experiment that went rogue. What happens exactly during your last encounter with her? Does she intentionally give you the powers, or were you just lucky that you floated past the needle? If the former, why was she trying to kill you earlier?

EDIT: Oh yes, also:
Why a mass of people? Was it created that way, or did it become that way by drawing people to it? I thought at first that maybe the creature was controlling you all along to free itself, but the alternate ending suggests otherwise. Unless the alternate ending is a what-if easter egg type thing.

Also, why was everyone running into the building at the end? Were they really excited to see it or were they being drawn to it?

Don’t know the answers for most of them but some thoughts:

- The girl(s) in the water seem like some kind of previous experiment. She always ties to kill you by grabbing you and pushing you down so I think that time whre the player gains the power to breathe underwater was just thos particular circumstances

- I think the alternate ending in a easter egg, you shut down the computer that connects you (the player) to the kid in-game, he assumes the zombie posture because that’s what he is without your control

- The mass thing seems like a big experiment going wrong, I think people were just going to see it maybe

Those upside down stuff, lighting in the back, gravity shifts and worms are supposedly links to previous game limbo itself, may be limbo is what you go through once you become part of mass

if mass is Akira then upside down is

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sounds interesting. I’d like to play it for the story and atmosphere, but I’m not sure the game is for me. Does it require good eye-hand coordination and quick reflexes? I didn’t like the arcade sequences in the new King’s Quest game and those were fairly easy.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 16 July 2016 03:49 AM

Sounds interesting. I’d like to play it for the story and atmosphere, but I’m not sure the game is for me. Does it require good eye-hand coordination and quick reflexes? I didn’t like the arcade sequences in the new King’s Quest game and those were fairly easy.

It’s also a platformer, so although it’s not very hard it sometimes reguires some eye-hand coordenation - timed jumps, stealth. Have you played Another World or Braid? Watch this short trailer that shows some of the gameplay:

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ve tried to play Braid but pretty soon it became too difficult for me. I was too slow. So I’d better give Inside a miss.

I used to be very good at the ancient Prince of Persia games though…  Cry

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Karlok - 16 July 2016 12:47 PM

Inside is nowhere near as difficult as the original Prince of Persia games. Generally, it is very forgiving in terms of checkpoints.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I’ve tried to play Braid but pretty soon it became too difficult for me. I was too slow. So I’d better give Inside a miss.

er

Its neither Prince of persia nor Braid.
Those 2 were hard for me too.
Platforming elements are easy, you will get check points before them.
Puzzles are great but not too hard to figure out since its trial and error.
Its not Anotherworld because that have harder platforming and shooting.
Its criminal to call this platformer.

Its too good to be missed, its just one of the best visual and aural experiences there.
Not emphasizing words or texts just plain philosophical stuff through visuals,sounds and mechanics. So even less explicit storytelling than Witness more close to Journey.

Btw , you seemed to be dissing D earlier, now you have Laura avatar.
Good choice.

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

desiderio59 - 16 July 2016 01:46 PM

Inside is nowhere near as difficult as the original Prince of Persia games. Generally, it is very forgiving in terms of checkpoints.

Well, this. It’s a piece of cake compared to the old Prince of Persia games,

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

desiderio, nomadsoul and wilco: you have convinced me to give Inside a try.

nomadsoul - 16 July 2016 01:54 PM

Good choice.

I don’t know what you’re talking about: dissing D?? And I change avatars every week.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 16 July 2016 03:23 PM

desiderio, nomadsoul and wilco: you have convinced me to give Inside a try.

nomadsoul - 16 July 2016 01:54 PM

Good choice.

I don’t know what you’re talking about: dissing D?? And I change avatars every week.

Well thats the impression i got from these posts,

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/8088/#113343

but nevermind, please push through the whole game before giving up on Inside, i want
everyone playing it to atleast see the end game.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 16 July 2016 03:42 PM

Well thats the impression i got from these posts,

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/8088/#113343

but nevermind, please push through the whole game before giving up on Inside, i want
everyone playing it to atleast see the end game.

LOL! Misunderstanding. I thought you meant poster D.
You’re right, I didn’t like D at all. Apart from the atmosphere.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

@Wilco
Yeah I agree about the girl in the water and about the alternate ending being an easter egg. But I think the creature must be more than just an exhibit because those things you pull off of it seem to be mind-control helmets. And of course, it seems like the main character’s goal was to free the creature. Why though? Did he just want to strike a blow against the dictatorship? Or was he being controlled by the creature all along so that it could free itself? (Has anyone read Neuromancer?)

@nomadsoul
I was vaguely wondering if this game would end up being a prequel to Limbo (like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico). But Limbo implied there was a girl and a treehouse involved. Unless maybe the Inside protagonist was motivated to free the creature because his sister or friend got taken by the dictatorship, and then Limbo is about trying to reunite with her in the afterlife. Also, what is that image from??

I wonder if Playdead would consider making DLC for Inside where they use the same mechanics to make harder levels. And a new side story would be awesome.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

desiderio59 - 16 July 2016 07:35 PM

@Wilco
Yeah I agree about the girl in the water and about the alternate ending being an easter egg. But I think the creature must be more than just an exhibit because those things you pull off of it seem to be mind-control helmets. And of course, it seems like the main character’s goal was to free the creature. Why though? Did he just want to strike a blow against the dictatorship? Or was he being controlled by the creature all along so that it could free itself? (Has anyone read Neuromancer?)

@nomadsoul
I was vaguely wondering if this game would end up being a prequel to Limbo (like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico). But Limbo implied there was a girl and a treehouse involved. Unless maybe the Inside protagonist was motivated to free the creature because his sister or friend got taken by the dictatorship, and then Limbo is about trying to reunite with her in the afterlife. Also, what is that image from??

I wonder if Playdead would consider making DLC for Inside where they use the same mechanics to make harder levels. And a new side story would be awesome.

I think they should make 3rd game in the same vein, with more vague connections occurring in same universe.
Games like Anotherworld can only come from guys like EricChahi or this Dutch guy or indie for that matter, its a lost art but something that strikes the chord.
Heck even Ico was inspired from Anotherworld.

All theories can work as nothing is official but some youtube comments on ending analysis vids have some creative take on whole plot.

That light killed the mass in the end for instance

Also this was really great analysis, read

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1005759-insides-ending-explained-theory-limbo-sequels-brain-bending-conclusion

That pic is from my fav Euro film , called Borgman.
Read my review from Movie thread or just see it rather.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I knew it! I knew it! Wilco, nomadsoul, Karlok, desiderio, all of us gamers, we are mindless zombies controlled by a blob, whether we realize it or not. Disconnected we are nothing, together we are the hive mind, we are everything!   Cool

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 18 July 2016 07:46 AM

I knew it! I knew it! Wilco, nomadsoul, Karlok, desiderio, all of us gamers, we are mindless zombies controlled by a blob, whether we realize it or not. Disconnected we are nothing, together we are the hive mind, we are everything!   Cool

That was fast, nicely done. One of us, one of us, one of us Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/01/playdeads-inside-coming-to-ps4-in-august/

Time for 2nd run.

M$ cant money hat for long, hopefully cuphead is similar story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top