• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Inside 2D puzzle adventure

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Phil Spencer Goty so far, this month 27th on Xb1
Next month 7th, on PC.

Its Limbo with new story and artdesign.

10 mins

E3 trailer

Amazingly somber

Edit

It says its action oriented too, so dont know the extent of it.
Will update or mods do wat they see fit.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1240020

Super duper hit…

“More importantly, for all the things Inside has in common with Limbo, the ending isn’t one of them: Inside actually sticks its landing and ends in an immensely satisfying way. The final act of Inside is legitimately one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen in a video game. I won’t spoil it here. But it’s beautiful, gruesome, one of the most hypnotic pieces of animation I’ve ever seen in any medium — and the whole thing is interactive. You might not walk away from Inside with every nagging question answered, but man, does it conclude”

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/28/12049410/inside-review

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Limbo got me back into video games last year, so I’m hyped. Smile

That sentence about the ending is very intriguing. (The ending of Limbo was indeed lacking.)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just finished on xbone.
This stuff is masterpiece in gamemaking.
Every frame is a progression into something stellar, either event wise story unfolding or just mastercraft in audiovisuals.
Pacing is so tight that 3hrs went by and i didnt notice it.
Puzzles are in same vein as Limbo, physics based some are great interwoven in narrative.
Animation and visuals are 10/10.

Just dont read anything or watch trailer go in without any knowledge, for all AG puzzle lovers , just dip in.
20$ for 3 to 4hrs is a bit steep, but this quality justifies it.
Not to mention the fact its something that deserved to be played atleast twice.

Overall it reminded me of all good elements from Anotherworld, Oddworld,HeartofDarkness and limbo combined.
You can take it as true Anotherworld sequel minus shooting and replace it with puzzles like Oddworld and limbo.

Limbo’s shortcoming in story is covered with great Hallife2 city17 or Oddworld world building , finishing with Wtf! moment in the end.

This is gonna go down as Goty indie overall or AG like Brothers.
Ending up as one of best AG of all time like Brothers.

Be prepared.

10/10

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What is the tone like? Limbo was fairly dark. How does this compare?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 29 June 2016 12:05 PM

What is the tone like? Limbo was fairly dark. How does this compare?

Thematic presentation overall more close to surreal , trippy like Kentuckyroutezero, sometimes creepy and foreboding.

Nothing can prepare anyone about the end game and dont want to spoil.
Cant expound on genre either without spoiling.

Against Limbo, in Inside i felt more breadth of emotions and variety of themes, left for viewer to interpret.
It also has more colors and variety in design still minimalist though.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

It’s finished?? And it comes out on PC in less than a week? Day 1 buy.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

desiderio59 - 02 July 2016 01:55 PM

It’s finished?? And it comes out on PC in less than a week? Day 1 buy.

Still cant get it out of my head.
Only game since lastofus that left such a strong impression.

Indie has risen to new levels topping best AAA out there.
Inside is better than uc4 in animations and art design.
Last setpiece has crazy animations.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

1 hr to go for pc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304430/

Get this masterpiece

Finish it one sitting

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game is up, downloading. Better be worth it Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 July 2016 01:10 PM

Game is up, downloading. Better be worth it Tongue

Fire up your head phones.
Its better than uc4.

Plus , nobody mentioning it on neogaf

The ending reminded of this

https://i2.wp.com/31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9pek585341qke7z9o3_500.gif
http://66.media.tumblr.com/3a01e9640f99e8f8f27cda961dd367b4/tumblr_mgz91vfI6P1rl52wjo7_400.gif
http://66.media.tumblr.com/9913df500e6fb0fe05ff6f1b6db8c7ce/tumblr_mk8q7lDWqP1qla2fdo8_500.gif

Full scene from the classic

All are spoilers so beware

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 June 2016 11:46 AM

Overall it reminded me of all good elements from Anotherworld, Oddworld,HeartofDarkness and limbo combined.
You can take it as true Anotherworld sequel minus shooting and replace it with puzzles like Oddworld and limbo.

I finished it and completely agree with this. The best Another World-like game I’ve played in a long time.
Animations are unbelievable, everything is so smooth and the attention to detail is incredible.
The oppresive environment and sound design was also great.

Also like how the game has zero tutorials or help and still everything is so well designed that everythings works naturally

Only complaint, I don’t think the ending was satisfying, controlling the beast was incredible but ending was too abrupt.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 July 2016 06:53 AM
nomadsoul - 29 June 2016 11:46 AM

I finished it and completely agree with this. The best Another World-like game I’ve played in a long time.
Animations are unbelievable, everything is so smooth and the attention to detail is incredible.
The oppresive environment and sound design was also great.

Also like how the game has zero tutorials or help and still everything is so well designed that everythings works naturally

Only complaint, I don’t think the ending was satisfying, controlling the beast was incredible but ending was too abrupt.

There is another secret ending even more wtf.
There are lots of theories but you are controlling kid in similar way kid controls them npcs with headware, secret ending breaks fourth wall to reveal that
like akira you get unfortunate in mixing up with mass mixture brain hive thing but destroy it, more like one soul liberating others while sacrificing himself
in secret ending you get disconnected from real world player i.e us, by breaking down computer terminal in the secret vault

Its all about control.

Btw,
When you try to roll or climb or push withmass thing, its legs automatically adjust to floor , random legs that is, those legs animation to calculate surface and adjust animations accordingly shits on uc4, unbelievable

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 09 July 2016 08:41 AM

There is another secret ending even more wtf.
There are lots of theories but you are controlling kid in similar way kid controls them npcs with headware, secret ending breaks fourth wall to reveal that
like akira you get unfortunate in mixing up with mass mixture brain hive thing but destroy it, more like one soul liberating others while sacrificing himself
in secret ending you get disconnected from real world player i.e us, by breaking down computer terminal in the secret vault

Its all about control.

Btw,
When you try to roll or climb or push withmass thing, its legs automatically adjust to floor , random legs that is, those legs animation to calculate surface and adjust animations accordingly shits on uc4, unbelievable

Saw that alternate ending, nice bonus, after he disconnects the plug takes the same position of the mindless humans

The animations really were ridiculously good and with no sudden jumps in frames, everything adjusted to the right position.The mass of limbs picking up stuff, or climbing, etc

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I just finished the game yesterday and did the alternate ending today. My goodness!

The graphics, plot, animations, and overall presentation were way better than Limbo. Sound design was equally incredible in both. The only thing is, I think the puzzles were too easy. I was never stuck for too long like I was in Limbo (the good kind of stuck, not the annoying kind).

Can we talk about the plot?
So it seems the mass of people at the end was basically like the “brain” that was kept imprisoned to control the workers of their society?

What was up with the people floating upside-down in the water? They had helmets, so it implies they were controlling other people. Maybe they were a conduit for the creature? (Did they need to be upside-down or was that just for cool puzzles?)

What was up with the worms? You see some wriggling around in the barn area. And the pig that attacks you becomes docile once you pull the worm out of it. Also near the end I noticed one of the people floating upside-down in the water had a bunch of worms wriggling around his body. I wonder if they are the source of the mind-control technology.

What was that girl in the water? I’m guessing she’s like an experiment that went rogue. What happens exactly during your last encounter with her? Does she intentionally give you the powers, or were you just lucky that you floated past the needle? If the former, why was she trying to kill you earlier?

EDIT: Oh yes, also:
Why a mass of people? Was it created that way, or did it become that way by drawing people to it? I thought at first that maybe the creature was controlling you all along to free itself, but the alternate ending suggests otherwise. Unless the alternate ending is a what-if easter egg type thing.

Also, why was everyone running into the building at the end? Were they really excited to see it or were they being drawn to it?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

desiderio59 - 15 July 2016 01:04 PM

I just finished the game yesterday and did the alternate ending today. My goodness!

The graphics, plot, animations, and overall presentation were way better than Limbo. Sound design was equally incredible in both. The only thing is, I think the puzzles were too easy. I was never stuck for too long like I was in Limbo (the good kind of stuck, not the annoying kind).

Can we talk about the plot?
So it seems the mass of people at the end was basically like the “brain” that was kept imprisoned to control the workers of their society?

What was up with the people floating upside-down in the water? They had helmets, so it implies they were controlling other people. Maybe they were a conduit for the creature? (Did they need to be upside-down or was that just for cool puzzles?)

What was up with the worms? You see some wriggling around in the barn area. And the pig that attacks you becomes docile once you pull the worm out of it. Also near the end I noticed one of the people floating upside-down in the water had a bunch of worms wriggling around his body. I wonder if they are the source of the mind-control technology.

What was that girl in the water? I’m guessing she’s like an experiment that went rogue. What happens exactly during your last encounter with her? Does she intentionally give you the powers, or were you just lucky that you floated past the needle? If the former, why was she trying to kill you earlier?

EDIT: Oh yes, also:
Why a mass of people? Was it created that way, or did it become that way by drawing people to it? I thought at first that maybe the creature was controlling you all along to free itself, but the alternate ending suggests otherwise. Unless the alternate ending is a what-if easter egg type thing.

Also, why was everyone running into the building at the end? Were they really excited to see it or were they being drawn to it?

Don’t know the answers for most of them but some thoughts:

- The girl(s) in the water seem like some kind of previous experiment. She always ties to kill you by grabbing you and pushing you down so I think that time whre the player gains the power to breathe underwater was just thos particular circumstances

- I think the alternate ending in a easter egg, you shut down the computer that connects you (the player) to the kid in-game, he assumes the zombie posture because that’s what he is without your control

- The mass thing seems like a big experiment going wrong, I think people were just going to see it maybe

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top