• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiekanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game with best replay value

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Some video game critics use the category replay value in combination with other categories to rate a game.
Traditionally, the replay value is not super big for adventure games. I was just wonder what your adventure games are with the best replay value?
Mine would be probably Kings Quest VI, as it is one of my favorites, it has a little bit of different ways to finish, and i just love the setting. Another one is Leisure Suit Larry 7, not because of alternative endings, but because i enjoyed playing it again for easter eggs.

Any thoughts?

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Last Express, Edna & Harvey.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just replayed Edna and Harvey and that was a lot of fun. I also enjoy the monkey island games to learn as many insults as I can.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Journey,
Tales from borderlands,
Ico,
Fullthrottle…its like a good biker movie,
Machinarium, Samorost,
Witness etc

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Maniac Mansion - You pick a team of 3 kids each with different abilities.
Fate of Atlantis - 3 different paths through the game.
Quest for Glory I-V - Each game will be different, with different classes to play and choices to be made.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Best valued replay in adventure games.

But seriously games with
- choice and consequence and different path - Pandora Directive, recent Telltale stuff, new King’s Quest, Life is Strange, Dreamfall Chapters
- different characters or classes to choose at the beginning - Maniac Mansion, The Cave, Quest For Glory
- games with lots of stuff hidden from the main path - Edna and Harvey, Witness
- games you just love so much you have to play again and again - taste of each player

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Heavy Rain, 18 different endings.
All 4 leads can get killed , each one of them can survive.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Old LucasArts stuff never gets old:

Day of the Tentacle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (no need for different paths, always with Sophia Grin )

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

any non-linear adventure with vast exploration that offers a lot of locations is good to replay, those with escaping the room (or even location with 3-5 rooms) style must avoid, like secret files, chronicles of mystery, book of unwritten tales 2 .

of those Non-linear i can recommend/show-my-love for
Woodruff and the Schnibble
Blade_Runner
LSL7
Riven
New KQ
E & H
The Neverhood
...etc

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ahenobarbus - 20 June 2016 06:08 PM

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (no need for different paths, always with Sophia Grin )

You’re missing out if you don’t try the wits path, though. Wink

Once you get to Atlantis, the game converges again.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

jaap - 20 June 2016 02:41 PM

Some video game critics use the category replay value in combination with other categories to rate a game.

Depends on what is meant by “replay value.”
If “replayable” means a game where the plot is substantially different every time you play it, the “choose your own adventure” type, I have no interest at all in replaying those—or in playing them even once.

If you mean “what adventure games do I replay,” that equates to old favorites.
Nearly everyone who replays games has their personal old favorites that they like to replay once in a while.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

^
|

This!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

crabapple - 21 June 2016 02:01 PM

Nearly everyone who replays games has their personal old favorites that they like to replay once in a while.

“List your old favorites” - kind of a pointless thread, wouldn’t it be?

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Quest for Glory series is an obvious choice, but it’s mostly due to the RPG nature of it.

Conquests of the Longbow, on the other hand, is pure adventure full of moral choices. The characters are very sensitive to your actions. I was hoping to see more endings though.

Legend of Kyrandia 3 is my least favourite Kyrandia, but the first and last chapters are so full of alternative solutions! Not to mention all those “extra fun” moments.

And Gabriel Knight 3 was very refreshing after the painfully linear Beast Within. There’s always something new to discover with every replay.

Oh yes, and how could I forget: The Pandora Directive. Branching dialogues, narratives, extra puzzles and alternative endings, just like they promised with the “interactive movie” label.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well that is how it works definitely, its like listening to good old songs because you remember how you (used to) enjoy them.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

jaap - 20 June 2016 02:41 PM

Depends on what is meant by “replay value.”
If “replayable” means a game where the plot is substantially different every time you play it, the “choose your own adventure” type, I have no interest at all in replaying those—or in playing them even once.

Well, I said The Last Express, and it’s not “choose your own adventure”, but you can still build some new “path”, hear different things if you want to replay it. As for Edna and Harvey, again the replayability comes from the fact that it’s the most richest game in terms of how the game responds to your actions, and you’re bound to experience new things if you play it again.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top