• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Solus Project

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So, the sci-fu mystery exploration/survival/adventure Solus Project was just recently released. Anyone else been playing it?

I’m not a huge fan of the survival genre as such, but in Solus you can choose between the difficulty of the survival element, so if you’re not that hardcore about the whole survivalism thing, you can opt to go with the least amount of tinkering on that aspect.

I’ve been playing it for an hour and a half and the main focus is definetly on the exploration aspect. You rummage all around the alien planet you’ve crashlanded, looking for clues of the rest of your crew as well as try to piece out what has happened to the planets previous civilization as well as try to establish a contact to home base, so that you can inform the rest of the humanity about the conditions of the planet so they can decide if to colonize or not.

The puzzles I’ve encountered thus far have been pretty simple in terms of trying to figure out how to clear a path in order to move forwards, nothing really tasking on that front at least yet.

Overall it does feel like an interesting game. It looks pretty good and the alien world feels atmospheric. All in all, a promising game as a whole, but it remains to be seen if it holds up till the end.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Man so many of these survival, rogue like etc etc indies, hard to wade through saturated market to find gems.

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

I added the game to my list, but I’m not sure if I’ll get to it any time soon. The survival genre is probably my least favorite, for a myriad of reasons, and so its integration is enough to turn me off by itself. The game seems pretty, and if the puzzles are great, I might give it a shot. But right now it’s low priority.

You said it sticks to more to exploration. Is it more of a walking simulator than adventure? I enjoy both, but it might bolster my enjoyment if I knew what to expect.

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

From what I’ve played it, I’d definetly class it as a walking simulator. The areas are fairly large and at least from the couple of hours I’ve had time to put in it, it’s not really stocked with puzzles, at least in the beginning. I don’t know if the amount of puzzles will increse towards the end though.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I loved this game. It is really a survival game. And there are plenty of puzzles to interact with. For those that don’t know what I’m talking about, the game is a sci-fi story, where you arrive in a planet that you must explore and report back to the people that is waiting to make the planet their new home, since Earth was destroid. To put it simple, you have to survive in this planet, adquiring water, food, avoid tornados, meteor showers and aliens who want you dead. Great game, worth spending a few bucks to get something different.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-09-17

PM

I enjoyed this and it was nice to return the The Ball universe. Unfortunately while this game is huge and pretty there’s way too much walking involved with nothing to do.

The above poster makes it sound more interesting than it is, the events described are few and far between.

Underground areas go on forever and if you accidentally put out your torch in water you’d better reload the checkpoint or you are pretty much screwed. The few interesting parts turn into mostly nothing. The survival aspects are mostly just annoying except in a few extreme areas where having the right item is critical - you carry far too little and the crafting is very limited.

For those who haven’t finished, the game is fairly consistent through out, it doesn’t get any more difficult. The story was interesting but overall The Ball was a much better game…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top