• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hardest adventure game you’ve played

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 07 September 2012 07:13 PM
Iznogood - 07 September 2012 07:08 PM

Another game i remember as beeing very difficult is the first Diskworld game, i however also absolutely loved the game, so i struggled my way through it…

Of course you did. After all, your signature suggests that you are a Disc fan! Smile

I was wondering if anyone would notice, in fact i didn’t mention it myself because i wanted to see how long it would take for someone to mention it.

5 min was faster then i expected, congratulations Sefir Thumbs Up

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon. That game really required some crazy note-taking, and the puzzles were quite smart but VERY hard.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m really surprised to see Dracula 3 mentioned so much. From what I remember I did need to use a walkthrough more than once, but it didn’t seem significantly more difficult than most middle of the road adventures, or even other Kheops games. I could be wrong.

On the other hand, I struggle with many games other people find easy. Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island was one, I think partly due to the multiple characters, and partly because I didn’t enjoy it much.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 11 September 2012 08:11 AM

I’m really surprised to see Dracula 3 mentioned so much. From what I remember I did need to use a walkthrough more than once, but it didn’t seem significantly more difficult than most middle of the road adventures, or even other Kheops games. I could be wrong.

I agree with you on that one. I don’t remember having any difficulties with Dracula 3…It seems that a game’s difficulty is in the eye of the beholder…

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-09-11

PM

For me it is King’s Quest III: To Heir Is Human
It really got on my nerves.
I was frustrated, angry and found myself yelling at my computer!

If you haven’t tried it give it a go.

Btw. try not to use a walkthrough, if you do be prepared to also fail Tongue

I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty Pirate!

Quote of the last played Game!
Space Quest 6: “Oh, yeah, real smart. Let’s go poking around inside a pod that’s probably carrying a half-dozen
miniature face-hugging, saliva-dripping, face-eating exo-skeletal alien piranha things.
And while we’re at it, let’s split up so that we’re all alone and defenseless, okay?”

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-04-05

PM

Wow guys you really posted games which are rather easy to complete and quite popular.

Try Sentinel - you get to the second puzzle and you are stuck. For me this game was one of the hardest I’ve tried, and I am sure it will be for you too if you try it.

Also I have no mouth and I must scream - was a kind of hard - discovering all the possible endings… other than that it was simple no puzzle solving involved.

BTW where is the old forum and old posts ?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

BlackPaw - 12 September 2012 01:12 AM

That’s a puzzle. You should have no problem figuring it out. Tongue

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Grin

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And a hidden-object puzzle at that.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 12 September 2012 01:48 AM
BlackPaw - 12 September 2012 01:12 AM

That’s a puzzle.

Here’s a walkthrough:

Right click the picture -> View image

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Grr..

We DO have spoiler tags you know zobraks!  Angry

Pan

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You spoiled the best game on the forum.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I forgot to mention another game than Dracula 3: Path of Dragon. I had a lot of difficulties with Yoomurjak’s Ring. I had to look in a walkthrough way to many times to finnish the game. I thought that the puzzles were a little bit too unfair, and as a player you never got enough hints on what to do. I usually never look in a walkthrough. I have just recently realised that I seem to have a lot of problems with first person adventures, I don’t seem to to have the same feel for them as have with 3rd person adventure puzzles. I have avoided playing games like Myst because of that reason. Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth, Coktel Vision puzzles are usually hard but it was particularly hard in this game, though I regard it as the best game from this company (even though I still like Goblins 3 better).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Dr. Lautec gets my vote. Very difficult game because of the timed puzzles. I hate having a time limit on how long you have to solve a puzzle.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top