• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Runthroughs (blind)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I think I mentioned this before… never mind, that must have been years ago.

Once the guard has been dealt with, you can explore freely (well… almost freely) and collect dozens of items. But thanks to The Amazing Poki you can still go back (to the window), show the guard every new item you picked up and get a unique response.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Best character yet:

Karlok - 02 June 2016 06:04 AM

I think I mentioned this before… never mind, that must have been years ago.

Once the guard has been dealt with, you can explore freely (well… almost freely) and collect dozens of items. But thanks to The Amazing Poki you can still go back (to the window), show the guard every new item you picked up and get a unique response.

That never occurred to me! Great! And I’ve just been put with “the others” before exploring everything. I’m not going to load the previous saves.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I love the German voice of the door guard. The one next to your guy in the pic. For those of you who understand (a little) German, just compare the two scenes. If you already got that far, of course. I don’t want to ruin a good joke.

English:

German:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I love English one better, but German Edna is better - it goes better with Edna’s personality and appearance.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

So, Viber stole logo from Edna&Harvey;:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Earned the audience with the King!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have been watching this thread but i couldnt just let it be without expressing my love for it. and paying my respect for Edna and Harvey

i think Edna & Harvey is the prefect adventure model ever given, forget DotT, KQVI,Syberia..  this is the real thing.

how is it perfect, i will just inspire myself with an old post of mine:-

a prefect adventure that opens in a single room but once you are out
it makes you run freely in different locations don’t know what to do or where to start .
It takes you suddenly out of this area of locations to another,  with as much new locations and lots of interactions, to find out that this new area and the previous are connected within an enormous place .
and when you feel you cant have enough of this place it surprise you with a kick in butt to finish the game at some total new locations.

It has all sort of puzzles, inventory , dialogue , Myst/Riven places orientation puzzles, syberia kind of mechnical ones , musical puzzles, mini games that *never* separated and well immersed within the gameplay and the story.

Every click has a response and every inventory interaction is acceptable/welcomed even if a silly answer is result .

when every spot is a hot spot.

with 10s of unforgettable characters/Npcs with 100s of different interactions and responses out of them.

The minimum artwork 2d grows onto you that you find youself in love with it,
when its great music stuck into your ears and dont want it to stop.  and with the voice acting… the audio is just great.

auh…  did i mention the story?  or the ending.  well that was more than enough.

now you are free to call me Enda & Harvey boy

But Yup ! this is my perfect adventure .

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

“What’s a girl like you doing in the asylum like this?” Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks Advie for the mini-review! Thumbs Up Come on, play along, I’m sure you haven’t explored all the things - it’s impossible in one run Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Found Karlok and wilco!!!:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s about right. Haven’t progressed much by the way, last thing I did in the game was talking to the sink about my life problems

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 03 June 2016 10:45 AM

That’s about right. Haven’t progressed much by the way, last thing I did in the game was talking to the sink about my life problems

That’s very worrying. In order to help you, I need to know more about your formative years. Were you picked, first, second, third or last for gym class?

Next question: What color would your pet have been if it had been a chicken?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 03 June 2016 07:06 PM

That’s very worrying. In order to help you, I need to know more about your formative years. Were you picked, first, second, third or last for gym class?

Next question: What color would your pet have been if it had been a chicken?

1. Drogglejug

2. Drogglejug

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope Drogglejug has a twist like the Hodor character from Game of Thrones

And that dialogue of Edna trying to “cheer up” Peter was hilarious

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top