• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Runthroughs (blind)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OMG, this is madness!!! Combining Harvey with a chair leg produces 3 different responses when done in a row!

The other thing I didn’t particularly remember is a creepy soundtrack, which reminds me very much of The Outlaws soundtrack (and that speaks volumes, as I regard The Outlaws as the finest game soundtrack ever).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

“Yeah, baby, let’s trash this whole place!”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I had to search five moving boxes to find Edna.  Cry

Okay, so I installed the Collector’s Edition, which has the Poki comments and you can play in German or in English. I’m playing the English version this time, but the German voices are better. That doesn’t mean the English ones are bad.

I didn’t much like the escape from the cell in 2008 and I still don’t. For me, the game picks up after the visit to the past and the fan. I’ll continue tomorrow.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 01 June 2016 07:14 PM

I didn’t much like the escape from the cell in 2008 and I still don’t. For me, the game picks up after the visit to the past and the fan. I’ll continue tomorrow.

I remember that I liked the first puzzle, and now I can’t remember the solution. I think that’s good (the fact that I’m getting old and forgettable isn’t that good). But I think it’s always a good design when they manage in such a contained space (like, escaping the cell) to make you get stuck!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This feels like an indie game, also feels like a very dark story despite the presentation and all the jokes.
Incredible amount of responses, makes you really try everything, specially talk to everything just to see Harvey doing the voice of a desk, a trophy, etc.
The past part was cool, didn’t expect the game to change so fast. The escape resolution, I don’t think it was very special but the dialogue with the guard was fun.
Now I know where that fan is from. Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 01 June 2016 04:10 PM

Please don’t rush the game in 5 days, I don’t care what diego says.

If you don’t sleep, don’t eat and have nothing else on your schedule, that’s 120 hours!

How many hours did you spend on it?  Content

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Exposed the vent. What I missed was to talk to a guard some more. Cool Monkey Island and Back to the Future references. The game is hilarious, I mean I knew it’s funny, but it’s almost like the authors of The Simpsons/Family Guy were writing this one, the kind of humor that catches you totally off guard, like Harvey cutting you back to reality (or, anti-reality to be precise) after a bit of “offtopic” - “We’re here to learn how to unscrew screws!”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One of my fav screenshots and not only from Edna, because it’s so melancholic/cheerful at the same time. It reminds me of that typical American movie with “neighbour” over the fence. It’s true that graphics in Edna has an “indie” feel to it, but this is just perfect.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone?

Also - EDNU!!! Grin

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 01 June 2016 03:10 PM

Rushthrough 1: Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

Hold it! Where’s the vote?

I want to play Black Dahlia in 5 hours.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 02 June 2016 02:55 AM

Rushthrough 1: Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Hold it! Where’s the vote?

zobraks - 02 June 2016 02:55 AM

I want to play Black Dahlia in 5 hours.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 01 June 2016 07:24 PM

This feels like an indie game, also feels like a very dark story despite the presentation and all the jokes.

Right. It was Poki’s first game and the undertone is dark from the start. He did the graphics himself, but they grow on you.

Oscar - 01 June 2016 07:45 PM
Karlok - 01 June 2016 04:10 PM

Please don’t rush the game in 5 days, I don’t care what diego says.

If you don’t sleep, don’t eat and have nothing else on your schedule, that’s 120 hours!

How many hours did you spend on it?  Content

I don’t remember, I have replayed Edna once already. More than 20 hours. I wanted to try every object-object combination the second time. Diego doesn’t realize how long this game is.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 02 June 2016 04:48 AM

Diego doesn’t realize how long this game is.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 02 June 2016 04:28 AM

diego - 02 June 2016 04:28 AM

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Loved the chase scene. At first I thought I should put something on the door, so when he opens it that something falls on his head. Then I thought I should put the lightswitch off and make a trap for him on the floor. Had no recollection of going straight to the window. And the funniest part is that I solved the door puzzle purely by chance - I wanted to put encyclopedia on the column in the “cartoon philosophy” as to make the column heavier, not to block the door handle. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top