• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 29 May

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Adventure game heroes tend to be in their 20s or 30s in most cases, good-looking world savers and heroes ... but then came Larry Laffer and changed everything. More than decade later, an AGS “offspring” was released, featuring a 40-something Al Emmo who comes to a western city without a clue and without a… woman.

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine is the funniest comedy that was released after the “golden age”. Furthermore, it’s one of the most “breathing” games around - nothing in it, after you do something will produce a “mechanical”, “automatic” response. The world is alive. Sure, it has its bad moments, the humor has hits and misses, but it’s nothing short of a triumph in the indie development history.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 29 May 2016 07:33 PM

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine is the funniest comedy that was released after the “golden age”.

High praise indeed. I really should give it a proper go, I only played part of the demo.

And I like the idea of playing a game without hearing “that doesn’t work” 857 times.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Bravo to Himalaya Games for this magnificent bit of fun. It has been nominated many time for the AGCPT, but has never won. It’s not because I didn’t support it. A wonderful game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 29 May 2016 11:00 PM

I like the idea of playing a game without hearing “that doesn’t work” 857 times.

Then whatever you do - don’t play Discworld!!!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’ve bought the game but I’m waiting for an AGCPT to play it… Hope it’ll get voted next :-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top