• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 5

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The DLC case’s out! It looks utterly absurd, with singing pirates and stuff. (Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing yet…)

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I played the Japanese version, and it was the best case of the whole game, IMHO. The staff had a lot of fun with it, and the ending/story they aimed at was much better than the rehashed final case of the main game (which was basically the last case of the first game…)

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, I hope I’ll end up agreeing with you, because I did find case 5 underwhelming.

In other news, this game’s chronology is officially making my head hurt. If I’m not mistaken, it goes:
Case 2
DLC case
Case 3
Case 4
Case 1
Case 5
(with 4-1-5 taking place on consecutive days)

Seriously, what’s wrong with good old chronological order?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, I’m done with the DLC case and it gets a huge “meh” from me. I guess it’s sort of fun in a crazy way, but that’s about it. Like much of the rest of the game, there’s so much hand-holding and the mysteries are so obvious that I spent most of the case just feeling frustrated at how slow everything was moving. It used to be that I felt that the AA games were always 3 moves ahead of me and I was just scrambling not to get lost, but here I was just waiting for stupid Phoenix to finally be allowed to blurt out what I had figured out three hours earlier. I also never really managed to get emotionally attached to any of the case’s characters, so I didn’t really care what happened to them.

I felt that this case was just an reminder of how stale the AA series has become. I was glad (for a while) to see Phoenix and co. again in the main game, but that extra case just felt unnecessary and I would have been better off skipping it and saving $6 and a few hours of my life.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

just finished the dlc case, (still have to play through case 4&5). I can definitely see where this case is better played in the middle of the game… it would not have been a great case to end on. I thought it was okay, really the least predictable of the 4 iv played so far. Still.. the puzzles havnt been very good, and the game makes it near impossible for you to get stuck.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m still slowly going through the game, still early in case 3… It’s disappointing so far, the second case just went on and on and it was just not funny. The new detective and prosecutor pale in comparison to Gumshoe and Edge. I hope the game picks up, the third case at least seems more interesting.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, after dragging through the second case things got a lot better and I was glued in the final 2 cases. Changing attorneys and using the different powers kept things fresh (although, like Blackquill pointed out, Apollo’s power is basically cheating and doesnt make sense…) the twists of final 2 cases were fun and seeing Apollo being a dick was new. Blackquill brothers and Athena were great new characters. Athena’s power was kind of weird and sometimes I think it wasn’t very logical but I liked the mechanic.
Fan service at the last case was good Edgeworth and Pearlsand I guess the new detectivehad a reason to appear for so long, but I hope he is gone for good . Free Gumshoe and Maya!!

In the end, a solid title for the series, with a boring middle part but a strong ending and some cool new characters. I like the “dark ages of the law” theme and want to see how they end this new trilogy. Maybe the new game will focus in the new trio of attorney/prosecutor/judge.
The investigation parts were not very interesting but thankfully the game kept the most of the focus in the court parts
I liked the new “train of thoughts” mechanic and hope they continue to evolve it.

I was skeptical of the new 3d engine but the characters and animations look amazing. It’s a gorgeous game and new engine brings it more to life.

I still have to play the DLC chapter but I’ll probably save it for later if it doesn’t have anything new for the main storyline.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A new Ace Attorney game was announced

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-22-the-next-ace-attorney-game-will-be-set-over-100-years-ago

Set 100 years ago featuring Phoenix Wright ancestor

Interesting change. Shu Takumi is the director

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 22 April 2014 08:11 PM

A new Ace Attorney game was announced

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-22-the-next-ace-attorney-game-will-be-set-over-100-years-ago

Set 100 years ago featuring Phoenix Wright ancestor

Interesting change. Shu Takumi is the director

You had me at “Shu Takumi”. Cool

Actually, you had me at “new”, but you get the point. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Teaser trailer of the game! Totally digging the Meiji vibe.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Such a little trailer…

Fey family?

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

As for now, no. Her name’s MIKOTOBA Susato, apparently a legal assistant, fan of foreign mystery novels and a progressive dreamer (also sprach Takumi Shuu). But who knows, maybe the big twist at the end of the game is that she’ll take on the name of Fey (not that farfetched a theory, actually)

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^
Yeah, judging by the colour palette used for that character she will definitely turn out to be a Fey.

Also….Tantei KID dat is lang geleden zeg, sinds het anyway forum?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

As long as it has dramatic pointing… Tongue

Edit: spreekt iederéén hier Nederlands??? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Origami - 24 April 2014 02:17 PM

Also….Tantei KID dat is lang geleden zeg, sinds het anyway forum?

Errr, waarschijnlijk. Zit niet op zoveel fora.

TimovieMan - 24 April 2014 02:26 PM

As long as it has dramatic pointing… Tongue

Edit: spreekt iederéén hier Nederlands??? Gasp

If anything, it should have pointing with swords!

(De grote plot twist is natuurlijk dat iedereen op het forum Nederlands spreekt)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top