• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 4 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Here’s a weird scene with weird characters in a weird locations, courtesy of Edna and Harvey: The Breakout.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Edna!  Heart Harvey!  Heart Eyes

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I loved the secret leopard-mode of Edna & Harvey.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just when you thought “dumbing-down” is all the rage, there comes Daedalic with far too many hotspots, inventory items and text. Grin

But I firmly believe this (or perhaps slightly toned down The Whispered World) is a way to go when it comes to better immersion and interactivity.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

diego - 04 September 2012 04:46 PM

Just when you thought “dumbing-down” is all the rage, there comes Daedalic with far too many hotspots, inventory items and text. Grin

But I firmly believe this (or perhaps slightly toned down The Whispered World) is a way to go when it comes to better immersion and interactivity.

Exactly. I want to be able to click on everything I find interesting, not just a select few quest-specific hot spots.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I really took my time with this game. More than one of the asylum’s hallways ended up resembling disaster zones when I finally finished with them! Innocent (And who knew there was that much ketchup and mustard in those bottles?!)

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this game somehow Creepy, or what they call Black Comedy , Edna has some comments that are funny but easily get to you.

anyone played the 2nd part (the German Release), i checked it on the tube and Edna has a totally makeover with Blonde Hair Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Anything you do in Edna & Harvey will yield a witty response. Here are some from my vast collection, that tell about Edna:

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Advie - 06 September 2012 10:20 AM

anyone played the 2nd part (the German Release), i checked it on the tube and Edna has a totally makeover with Blonde Hair Smile

The heroine in Harvey’s New Eyes is blonde Lilly.  Edna is just a non-playing character and she appears only in the first part of the game, in the convent. Harvey has a different role too.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I’m absolutely enjoying playing Edna Heart Eyes  I can’t do anything without consulting telling Harvey about it, just to hear what kind of a witty remark he makes.

I’m just somewhere around this scene too, talking to my fellow loonies in the mental hospital [spoiler]trying to get the ticket for the laundry lift [/spoiler].

I wish that I could take the screens of all the dialog like zobraks does. Mini Frown But unfortunately I don’t have an eternity of free time like some people Shifty Eyed Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

SweetDalilah - 26 September 2012 02:49 PM

I wish that I could take the screens of all the dialog like zobraks does. Mini Frown

But unfortunately I don’t have an eternity of free time like some people Shifty Eyed Grin

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 26 September 2012 04:44 PM

I wish that I could take the screens of all the dialog like zobraks does. Mini Frown

Hey Shifty Eyed Pan  Pan, you should be a cavalier and send me all the pictures of Edna & Harvey that you got Tongue Innocent 

Off topic about the pic above: [spoiler]That’s exactly how I imagine you look like Grin[/spoiler]

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

SweetDalilah - 26 September 2012 05:07 PM

you should be a cavalier and send me all the pictures of Edna & Harvey that you got Tongue Innocent

I would, but…

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

Trunkyo - 04 September 2012 09:03 PM

I really took my time with this game. More than one of the asylum’s hallways ended up resembling disaster zones when I finally finished with them! Innocent (And who knew there was that much ketchup and mustard in those bottles?!)

Haha, I went all out; mud, graffiti/signatures, zig-zag scissors, knife, fork, pretty much every surface destroyed by various blunt-force objects, arrested everything that came my way.. the level of interactivity is awesome in this game   Cool

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 26 September 2012 05:20 PM

I would, but…

p1nk0es - 26 September 2012 10:28 PM
Trunkyo - 04 September 2012 09:03 PM

Haha, I went all out; mud, graffiti/signatures, zig-zag scissors, knife, fork, pretty much every surface destroyed by various blunt-force objects, arrested everything that came my way.. the level of interactivity is awesome in this game   Cool

I didn’t even know you could do all those things. Gasp Ought to try them.   Tongue

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I love asylums and related stuff, so I have no idea why I haven’t played this yet. I bought it, so with all these great reviews, why in the world haven’t I played it?! *wanders off to play*

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top